Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some things current owners would like to see in the 2006 model, and what if anything has been confirmed? Apple recently announced a partnership with Scion to include an iPod hookup much like BMW already has. Personally I'd like to see a 5 or 6 speed automatic replace the 4 speed to improve performance for those who prefer the auto to the manual. Anything else?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
as a dealer, i just want them to increase my profit margin without raising the price. but i dream a lot.

oh, and perfect the moonroof.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Change color/contrast of gauge lighting. At certain times of the day, it's hard to read what speed you're going due to lack of contrast (silver with orange lighting).

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
6spd manual.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Steering wheel controls for the radio. I'd use the cover more if I could control the volume.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Question: Could someone who actually knows something on the subject explain why a 5th gear would improve the performance of the auto?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Here's a perfect improvement for the 06 tC - stop making them. I don't want everybody and their momma driving a tC.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Even though I dont own one yet there is something I would like to see changed. I took one for a test drive a few weeks ago and the first thing I noticed were the weak brakes. I took a few other cars for a test run that day and the Tc had the worst brakes out of all of them. However the Salesman was the largest out of all of them so his weight could have had a little to do with it. Good news is I'm still going to get the Tc because everything else was too expensive for what I was getting. Mabey a larger master brake cylinder/better pads would help.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
^^^ What other cars did you test drive? I drove a Mazda3 hatch and Civic coupe (wanted to get it for my wife while I was still married), and both of these cars had worse brakes than tC. tC stops pretty fast, and I am spoiled with upgraded brakes (slotted rotors, ebc pads, 2-piston calipers) on my previous car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'll have to be honest here. My friend just bought a "brand new" used volvo for about the same price as the tc. Its breaks were leaps and bounds above the tc. I also drive a 1987 toyota supra that has a bit better break response. I would have expected more out of the tc since it is a fairly light car. But like I said I did have a tc salesman that was knocking on 3 bills and my friend in the car( he weighs 140). the other factor that could have contributed to the perfmance was that the car only have 68 miles on it at the time. Mabey they werent broken in yet. But since that day i have read a few reviews that said similar things about the breaks.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You don't like the way they feel, or you don't like their stopping power? Feel is one thing, but stopping power is all tires. The OEM tires are far less than spectacular. Just different tires will make a world of difference.

If it's the feel you don't like, then there are lots of other things you can spend money to change, but I would just put in pads with better initial bite and call it a day. Hawk HPS pads are reasonably priced and have really good initial bite.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It IS a lot lighter than a Supra. They're around 3500 lbs. My MkIV weighs 3415 exactly with only a couple of gallons of gas in it. A full tank of gas puts it right close to 3500.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.