Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've already learned the hardway after taking everything in the dash apart that our Pioneer headunits do NOT use the standard IPBUS cable to link the radio to the Pioneer XM tuner.

My question is does Toyota sell an OEM cable to replace the IPBUS cable I'd use normally or is there actually a difference in the XM Tuner from Scion and the Pioneer GEX-P910/920XM tuners?

I'll be quite upset if I bought a Pioneer unit at such a great cost only to have to go back to Toyota and buy some OEM tuner that accomplishes the exact same thing but at 5x the cost.

·
Registered
675 Posts
yes you're right, only the OEM tuner from pioneer made for toyota will work.. and no they won't sell you a converter cable they want their money!!

like in my other post.. you'd be better off getting a "plug n play" unit and using the aux input in the arm rest instead of over paying for an OEM tuner.. check out the other post (for sirius, but you get the idea) http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7360

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My only gripe is I have babied myself with my Pioneer headunit and GEX-910 in my Prelude forever. I love not having anything else to touch other than the radio itself and having nothing else showing in the car (even if its in the arm rest).

I guess I'll ebay the equipment I have already and throw it towards the overpriced package from the dealer. A local Houston one wants 299.99 for the wire, tuner and antenna right now.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My only problem is when using the aux input i get i high freq. noise that comes through the speakers, it doesnt change with speed or different cables its always there! and i am using the cig light in the arm rest, and double male 1/8th headfone jack to play it. all good conections but still that high pitch freq noise....

·
Registered
675 Posts
try using the aux input without using the power outlet.. and i bet the noise goes away..

if so.. it's a ground loop problem and you need to ground the power outlet.. that should solve it..

also try inputting directly into the aux input without the y-adapter you're currently using..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.