Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so im going to a friends house, on a two way road. There is one lane each way, it has a whole bunch of turns, not exactly a ideal place to race. So i was driving the speed limit and a car pulls up in the on coming traffic lane going my way and he looks at me so i speed up and he goes and then he falls in behind me and next thing i know where going through the turns and after each turn he was a little bit further behind. It got to the point twords the end of the race that he was like 7 car lengths behind me. the road went into two lanes he pulled up next to me and said something like "wow, i didnt know those where that fast" i simply nodded my head and went on my way.

It was tight. my first ever race. ive been driving stick for only about a month. and i was suprised that i raped him like that.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Good Kill! Just be careful.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yeah, the other guy did sound like an idiot. It is good to race every now and then, as long it is in a safe location.

·
Registered
268 Posts
dont put hondas down too much though... theres many that will hand TCs (even modded ones) their ASSES over and over again. i think alot of you put down hondas cause tons of people have them and many ricers own them. but i will say that the TC is not to far off from being the "civic" of the toyotas.....

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Come to SoCal. tCs already vastly displace 06 Civics. At this rate, it'll take at least three or so years for Civics to regain their place in the mass consumer market. For now though, one would get a new Civic coupe to be unique.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Loud != fast, just loud. It's entirely possible to mod a car with "proven" bolt-ons and have it go slower. AMHIK.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Maybe I need to tell the story of the K&N air filters on my Honda 750. They were supposed to be the trickest thing to do to your bike, guaranteed more power...

The bike went slower, and not only that but if I moved my legs in relation to them, the bike would sputter and cough.

Bolt-on guaranteed power. Sure. Never again. If I make a power mod, it immediately gets tested in the real world - timed course before and after. The watch never lies and makes it easy to find the poseurs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.