Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3787 Posts

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 06 tC this last Monday. I'm coming from a 02 Mercury Cougar Auto. Needless to say i'm glad i made the switch :)

Factory Lip, Fogs, and a 5speed is all i can think of :p

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm planning on tinting the rear 5 windows. Probably 20%. Local shop quotes $179 for the job, and they do awesome work, that's where i got my Cougar done. Other than that i've no ideas. I'm open to suggestion though! Maybe a different grill without the scion logo on it...i was looking at those on ebay

·
Registered
513 Posts
you don't like the tC with the logo? or just doing it because everyone else is? =/

wheels, drop, tint. GOGOGO!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Very nice tC. We had a 2000 Cougar......Styling wise, they still look good.

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i'm probably gonna paint the wheels Black + Silver lip, but lowering this car would make it a horrible DD for me haha. Especially where i go to school, i'm terrified for my lip kit.

·
Banned
4,416 Posts
pics look a little over processed haha, but nice car i would say you would be safe with trd lowering springs.

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (CandleJack13 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=481069
I think i'm probably gonna paint the wheels Black + Silver lip, but lowering this car would make it a horrible DD for me haha. Especially where i go to school, i'm terrified for my lip kit.[/b]
Yeah she needs some love :p Like i said i only got it Monday so i havent had alot of time to get around to it.

As for the pictures i just bumped the contrast a little ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice tc man. I second with the others to get the trd springs on.

$179 seems like a lot for tint, I got my 1st tc done for like $110 for all the windows.

Also I'll suggest a trd rear sway bar if you don't have it already.

·
Registered
62 Posts
after tint i suggest... s2000 antenna!!! lol tein s techs, HID kit, wheels, and Dr Iso short throw...go check my tC out

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Antenna fixed :p My GF's dad is a Ford GM and he found one for an Edge lying around. Who'd have thunk it would have fit? About half the height of the stock.

Tint tomorrow :)

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OH! And another question. If anyone happens to know...my car being an 06 Super White...does that mean the paint is "Super White" or "Super White II"?!

I have a spot on my lip kit that i need to touch up and i went to get touch up paint for it but i found Super White and Super White II. It looks to me like there is a difference between the two (if not why would they be different names?) I just know there's about 802730782 kinds of white and i don't want to pick the wrong one.

Help?

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
Toyota SW2 as far as Im concerned. I had an 05 before I got the 5.Ho.

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did two seperate searches for color codes and they came up with Super White and Super White II
...problem is both of them said the paint code was 0040.

But where i was buying them they had two different cans, two different codes. I guess i need to go check which code was on which can :/

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
0040 is your color code. Take it from me though, it will never match the same again. Or at least the actual production color for my car didnt match my car after it had been weathered for 2 years. Lol.

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright so sticker in the car says the code is 040 and Paintscratch.com says 040 is Super White II so i guess i'll go with that.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY COLORS OF WHITE?!

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
You're isn't white...

It's... SUPERma.. I mean SuperWhite!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Buy Super White II and see if it matches. If not, return it for Super White? I painted my spoiler SW2 and it's slightly a diff. shade.

1 - 20 of 3787 Posts