Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, This is my first post and I'm new to SCION. I just placed my order for one today ......

OK So what are the real differences between the factory included head Unit and the upgraded one. I'm seeing some conflicting reports.... Help!!!

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your purchase.

The only difference between the 2 HU's offered is that 1 has an iPod direct hookup and 1 does not. There's an AUX jack in the center console armrest storage area, where a MP3 player can plug in, but the iPod connector HU has one that will plug in directly to the bottom of your iPod, and you can control the iPod from the stereo controls or the steering wheel controls.

Other than that, there's no difference. Keep in mind - the stock stereo has ok sound quality, but we recommend you switch to SSP xA mode (hold down the SSP button then use the volume knob to change modes between tC, xB, and xA). The sound will come out a lot richer.

An aftermarket HU will sound much better, however.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Actually it has 2... the one on the right is the multi selector and the one on the left is the Volume. The center circle is the SSP button. My guess is that the multi selector functions like the touch wheel on the ipod.

· Registered
792 Posts
I appreciate your answer on this, but why do the head units looks so different then? One has 1 knob or button in the center and the upgrade has 3.[/b]
I never really noticed the other knobs. Haha, anyway, Id just the get the stock HU, n swap it out with an aftermarket one. How much is the HU upgrade? something like $260? You could get something much better for that amount of money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.