Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm having a problem with my steering that I hope someone here can help me out with. I am having the steering wheel jerk left or right depending upon which wheel hits the bump in the road. I am even noticing this at very low speeds. Also, from time to time, the car will wander very slightly when driving at normal speeds, most notably on uneven roads. Initially I replaced the inner and outer tie rods thinking the outer tie rods were causing the issue(s), and got an alignment after with little to no improvement. I purchased the car with aftermarket wheels and brand new tires(225/40Z/R18) on the car, but I find it difficult to believe that they could be causing my issue. My worst fear is that the steering rack needs to be replaced. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

My car: 2006 Scion TC - Manual transmission - 136K miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did forget to mention that the only thing that I have found to be bad after inspection is that the sway bar stabilizer links are worn out. I can easily move them around with my hand with little force applied. I did purchase replacements a while ago and was unable to install them due to not being able to get the lower nuts off of the stabilizer links(difficult area to get to, and probably rusted on pretty well and over torqued). After searching these forums for a bit, I found a thread where someone else mentioned that they had bump steer and that their stabilizer links were worn out well. They proceeded to go on to state that after replacement, the bump steer pretty much went away. I plan on trying again to replace these links a.s.a.p. and was wondering if anyone had any good tips on getting the lower nuts off that attach to the stabilizer bar?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts