Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay..before anyone jumps on me for not searching....I did...
My question is: Is it just a rumor or is it a fact that the 2006 tC is going to use a different paint mixture that is supposedly supposed to be better than the earlier models?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
they changed 2 of the colors from the 05 version... its been speculated that the formulas are different that make for tougher paint... but it hasn't been proven true or false... for now.. its just a color change.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by hamster@Jun 28 2005, 12:11 AM
they changed 2 of the colors from the 05 version... its been speculated that the formulas are different that make for tougher paint... but it hasn't been proven true or false... for now.. its just a color change.
Just a short note. I have an Indigo Ink color tC. I am starting to have some major paint issues involving the paint and it is far more serious than paint chipping or easy scratching. I am not going into the problem too much now, but will post more as the process of getting this resolved progresses. I think it is beginning to look like a problem that really explains why the color has been discontinued even though it accounted for a high percentage of sales.
A brief summary of the problem is two fold. losing of the clearcoat and cracking of the color coat under the clear coat. I would advise other owners of Indigo Ink color cars to watch the hood and trunk areas of their cars carefully. I would post a picture, but it is nearly impossible to capture in a shot.
I bet they resolve the issues on the 06s.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow...seems like they would have just used the same mixture that is on toyotas and just changed the colors...since they know it is proven. My VW is a 2000 and I dont have any paint chips, cracking, peeling or anything...I really hope they got it figured out for the 2006 because the reason I am getting rid of my car and getting the tC is so that I dont have to bring it into the shop every other week....and also, no one wants their brand new car to have to be re-painted..even if scion does do it....looses value etc.

Good luck Geneo...hope it all gets worked out!!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
i've had to use my touchup paint on my car more than i had to use it on my last car which was 10 years old... this paint does suck... either that or the bugs around here have grown harder exoskeletons

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
my vote goes to mutated bugs! jk...im right with you on the touchup paint. hell my 40 year old car never needed it, but then again that paint is like house paint. lol

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
according to Dave at scion.com he said that they changed the colors just because.... nothing about making the paint stronger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.