Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm not sure what I just saw on the road now. I mean, I am, but I didnt' think they were out yet... I saw a silver Eclipse, not the 05, the 06 model that's been redesigned, looks pretty good actually...

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/06eclipse/

Damn. Says the engine is a 3.8L 263 hp V6.

Damn.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
looks like its a cross of a Z350 and something else i can't quite put my finger on.... anyways.... its a nice looking car... and prolly a nice and high price tag

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Whether you like the looks or not, straight off the showroom floor, it's going to spank a tC hard.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went to my Scion dealer the other day and they had one on the lot. The owner of the toyota/scion dealership also owns a mitsubishi and kia dealership. Anyway some reps from mitsu were traveling around in it. I talked with them for a bit about it. Mid 20's for pricerange. Its not as comfortable as the tC in my opinion and the fit and finish and quality of construction didnt seem as nice. But 0-60 in an estimated 5.8??? thats real quick. I really hated the headlights and even the third brake light kinda sucks. But overall i think it looks pretty good. especiall the straight on side profile.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@May 20 2005, 08:44 AM
Whether you like the looks or not, straight off the showroom floor, it's going to spank a tC hard.
That's a given, isn't it? but...put $9,000 into it...and it'll smoke the eclipse...making them both around 25 g's.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@May 20 2005, 08:44 AM
for the price that it might be which im pretty sure over 25k i would damn hope so

·
Registered
658 Posts
Well yeah it's a v6 the GS is going to have I4 2.4 liter and it won't smoke a tC. Still i prefer toyco then mitsu.

BTW: licka licka i think i have seen you on the Subura's forums i think on i-club or on clubwrx.net.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by MartytC@May 20 2005, 01:25 PM
That's a given, isn't it? but...put $9,000 into it...and it'll smoke the eclipse...making them both around 25 g's.
No, it's not a given, and no you can't dump $9k into a tC and have Eclipse performance because you won't have a warranty.

Discussions about cars and money are dumb. Here's why: if your goal is pure speed, your cheapest proposition is to buy an F-Body and build the engine in it to ridiculous power/dollar. A used car with all the requisite parts and restoration can be built for less than the cost of a tC, and it will stomp practically anything for quarter mile performance. BUT, no warranty; it's going to broken more than it's going to be running, and it won't have all the nice to haves that you want in a daily driver. However, it will satisfy the need for speed in a big way.

We used to have these same foolish discussions on the Supra lists. One guy spanked a Murcielago (yes, the Lambo owner was trying) with his single turbo Dawg, but at the end of the day, he parked an affordable Japanese sports car in his garage, and the Lambo owner parked an Italian exotic in his garage. Why do you think guys in Civics with turbos want to race me when I drive my Dawg? So they can say, "I spanked a Supra today" and brag to all their buddies on the Honda board about Honda power vs. Toyota power.

So I return to my original premise: the Mitsu meets ALL goverment regulatory requirements, and straight off the showroom floor, completely smog legal, it will spank your tC. Who's to say you can't do a $50 mod to the turbo model and get another 50 hp? I got another 50 hp out of my Supra for $0. Boost is a funny thing. Mod your tC and you have a no longer smog legal car that struggles to beat this bone stock car. I'd say it's an easy choice: if you want to go fast with a minimum of hassles, buy the faster car. End of story.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And that must be a wrap.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
An essay takes 10 minutes. That only took 5.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by hamster@May 19 2005, 07:26 PM
looks like its a cross of a Z350 and something else i can't quite put my finger on.... anyways.... its a nice looking car... and prolly a nice and high price tag
I am thinking that your wanting to say that it looks like a dodge stratus in the front...too me anyway.

Nice power though.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.