Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Type S is a beast. New ones look sorta cockeyed tho, I dunno. tC with a Supercharge vs. a Type S is gonna be a pretty good matchup, it'll prob come down to the driver. tC's got more torque and should pull ahead but the light weight of the type S will probably negate that advantage sooner or later. In a 1/4 mile run, I'd bet the Type S will edge out the tC (given the supercharger ups the tC to 200 hp). Type S will also outhandle a tC unless you do some modding. Basically you could have a fairly nice modded tC which will compete evenly with a Type S for a similar price. So then it comes down to your opinion on looks. From some angles the tC looks bulbous and bloated. Sorta bubbly. In person though, it looks beautiful especially in white. And with a drop and some 18's to fill out the wheel wells it's really a totally different car. On the other hand the RSX looks okay stock, other people think it looks like crap but that's a decision you'll have to make. Good luck man, if it were me, I'd get a tC and mod away! Haven't even got my car yet and I've got a bunch of #### here just waiting to get put on the ride...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
If you want a pretty good looking car that's pretty darn fast, but a little on the pricy side and which you'll see everywhere, get the RSX. If you want a somewhat cheaper but still pretty darn peppy, absolutely HOT looking car, go with the tC. Just my two cents' worth.

·
Registered
999 Posts
If you want a slightly higher class of interior, performance then go for the RSX-S. If you're NOT going to get the Type-S and get the base RSX, then I'd recommend you to go for the tC.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't anything about the rsx other than looks. It looks really neat from the back imo. I love the tail lights. It's surprisingly disappointing from the front though :-/ Lookswise, I'd say tC in a heartbeat.

You got me on performance though.

·
Registered
290 Posts
tC all the way, style hands down the tC is sexier
, price the tC will leave a bit of jingle in your pocket for upgrades, TRD!!! real hop up parts financed right in with the car who can beat that, interior room i never use my back seat personally except for my dogs:) but if your taking out friends in the RSX i hope they do not have any legs, and you like sitting on top of the steering wheel!!! and most importantly TORQUE the new type-S boasts 210 hp, but only 143lb-ft of torque. Now i am a honda guy first, I bleed honda red:) (still own 2 CRXs) but i just drove my buddies brand new civic SI, which has the same hp as the tC, but only 127 lb-ft of torque. I love the look and feel of that little egg, but the power is way off par with the tC and that car is much lighter!!!! The RSX may be a bit quicker, but you will have to work hard and keep the engine on boil(although i do love the sound of v-tec around 8-9 grand:) a couple bolt ons to the tC will give you a quicker more comfortable car for less than the entry fee of an RSX type-S. just my 2 cents, well maybe my 50 cents

·
Registered
18 Posts
you shouldn't be comparing the tC to the type-S... there is no comparason. if anything you should compare it to the regular RSX. all the same specs across the board. so it comes down to personal preference. i chose the tC. and i'm loving it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Rsx was a car I was considering when I was looking for a new car. tc had cheaper insurance so I went with it.

late

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by simple_azn@Oct 24 2004, 02:05 PM
you shouldn't be comparing the tC to the type-S... there is no comparason. if anything you should compare it to the regular RSX. all the same specs across the board.
Sorry, but that's just not true. The tC has superior numbers in many areas, including:

- Much cheaper (MSRP for a manual 2005 RSX is $20,175, vs. $15,950 for a manual tC)
- Bigger engine (2.4L vs. 2.0L)
- More torque (163 ft-lb vs. 141 ft-lb)
- Larger standard wheels (P215/45R17 vs. P205/55R16)
- Panoramic moonroof (not available for the RSX)
- Auto up/down for both windows (the RSX only has auto for the driver's side)
- Pioneer stereo (no-name speakers in the RSX)
- Tighter turning radius (36.1 ft vs. 38.1 ft)
- Larger interior space (especially in the back seat)

The RSX has some advantages as well, such as larger trunk capacity with the seats in place, superior gas mileage, a crappy security system included instead of having to pay an extra $450 for it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
it depends on what you like really, do you like the high revving engine and huge aftermarket support that the rsx has, or do you like comfort more? cuz really the tC has a lot of nice comfort ish that relaly makes it a nice daily driver, that and there are about 1000x the rsx's right now soo =) if i had the 24k to spend on anything and wanted a fast car i would go with the wrx, but the rsx is a nice car

·
Registered
999 Posts
Not all VTEC's are the same... Some are more fuel-orienated, while the RSX tends to be more performance. 04 RSX with a Real ECU upgrade is already pretty good. Slap some more mods if you wish, but I'd call it pointless.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
BOSE is junk if you ask me. I drive cars all day long with BOSE systems in them (GMCs) and its not that impressive. To be honest, i love the RSX, but to me, they're starting to become a dime a dozen and not that impressive. If you want a car that will turn heads, go with the tC!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought a tC and am selling my RSX-S. The RSX is fun to drive, but will beat you to death on a long drive on rough roads. The Bose is a joke. They put a 5 inch subwoofer over the spare with no way for the sound to get out. Worst sound system I've ever had. tC has problems too...but for $16500 I can live with all of them.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
"BOSE" in GM vehicles is made by Delphi. My boss's H2 has the same 6-disc in-dash that I had in my Toyota Matrix. Only his says "BOSE" on it. The funny thing is that on eBay you can sell the same unit for $250 if you say it came out of H2, or have no bids for $50 auction if you say it came out of Toyota Matrix. Same mediocre Delphi changer. So yes, BOSE is a no-name when it comes to cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I could care less what stereo the car has...the only thing I carry about is the performance part. I think that the Type S wins in that category but I still got a choice to make.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The tC has 20 more lb-ft of torque out of the box from a larger displacement engine which means more room to grow
plus it is about $10,000 cheaper than a type-S get a tC and $5,000 worth of mods then take everybody on yoursciontC.com out to lunch!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
RSX is good! but tC is cheap and good too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Tc has much more space....after having a small car for years (a CRX) i want a car in which i can move around and cart friends in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts