Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm thinking of purchasing Scion TC. Should I wait till July/August for a 2006 model? Is there any changes? I don't want a hard top though.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
By hard top, do you mean a full metal top as opposed to the '05 glass top? Or do you mean as opposed to a convertible?

There has been talk of the '06 being a "metal" top or hard top, but I think it's all just speculation and nothing official.

Welcome to the site btw.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I seriously doubt it. It would be a significant cost change, and Scion isn't about cost deviations. It's hard enough to offer the quality they do at the price point they offer.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Interesting. I would have thought it would be less costly for them to have a hard top and no moonroof rather than the current glass top. I'm not complaining though, I like mine.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Change costs money. They like to buy in large quantities to get best price. A metal roof while cheaper conceptually isn't cheaper when you already have a supply of glass tops in the supply pipeline. I doubt they will change the design at all. The Supra went 3 years with absolutely no design changes at all, and probably would have continued without any if it weren't for OBDII in '96 and the bottom falling out of the Japanese sportscar market in 97 - 98.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I stand corrected

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 16 2005, 03:43 AM
I doubt they will change the design at all. The Supra went 3 years with absolutely no design changes at all...
This is part of why Toyota is so successful. When a car is selling well, they only change it as often as necessary to keep interest and quality high. Notice how the Corolla, Camry, and even the Celica have remained nearly exactly the same for years at a time sometimes. While there will probably be some insignificant changes, I would expect that the car will look essentially the same...and since there haven't been any real problems with the glass top, and it appears to be popular, I can't imagine they'd scrap it after just one year.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
True, and they sure don't seem to have any trouble selling any of them either.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys for the replies.

I really appreciate. I think I should get 2005 I don't want a metal top

TC will lose its unique design.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.