Scion tC Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
wait did he just get banned? LOL, what did he do? other than talk about sh*t he knows even less than me about (which, let's face it, is really low)... I mean, in the ocean that is the knowledge of all things automobile, i swim in a bathtub sized area

·
Registered
189 Posts
haha oh man that was great. that kid is an idiot. i drive an auto tC and i know its slower. got it just cuz its easier, kinda regret it though

·
Registered
228 Posts
i think this would be a close race both cars have equal pros IF the manual guy shifts perfectly 100% of the time...that's why i'm leaning towards Auto by a little..with that said the cars in question are the 1st gen in Manual and the 2nd gen in auto..

1st gen Manual - Manual=more control with the shifting , lighter etc etc
2nd gen Auto - '11 tCs have tiptronic = control on the rpm..isn't that the same objective with manual? only this one would shift perfectly, at redline, at all times.
If the '11 tCs came with a DSG transmission then i'm 100% all for Auto
my .02

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
Triptronic still shifts sloooowwwww like an auto which is all it is. Same as manually shifting any auto for the most part. No easier to shift it at redline as a manual either. Run right up before the rev limiter, shift. Done. :p it's the time you spend shifting that makes the difference.

And I posted times above from actual documented tests. No need to speculate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have never driven a stick shift before have you? sigh... Once you learn to drive a stick you'll learn to appreciate it.
This.

A stick will beat an auto 9/10 times. I mean, unless your buddy has an F1 gearbox like Ferrari's have, the stick will be way better.

Not to mention how much more fun a stick is compared to an auto.

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
^^ Not true. If you have no idea wtf you're doing driving stick you can still lose.

It's a driver's race, although the 11 has a bit of HP on you.

**i now realized this may have been beating a dead horse and revived a thread that's issue was already solved.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
^^ Not true. If you have no idea wtf you're doing driving stick you can still lose.

It's a driver's race, although the 11 has a bit of HP on you.

**i now realized this may have been beating a dead horse and revived a thread that's issue was already solved.
I have to agree with candle on this one, its all about the driver and other conditions including weight and suspension most of all.

Sorry if i revived this old post also, carry on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
well it would all depend on the driver of the manual car, if you have a new teenage driver thats obviously not as good as a professional driver hed probably lose. especially off the line. auto is much easier to drive and in my opinion faster than manual unless the driver is experienced.

·
AWD V8 KILLER!
6,400 Posts
Why did you bring this thread back to life? Srsly?

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Why did you bring this thread back to life? Srsly?
No rules against that.. in fact you did the same thing, you just contributed less :)

well it would all depend on the driver of the manual car, if you have a new teenage driver thats obviously not as good as a professional driver hed probably lose. especially off the line. auto is much easier to drive and in my opinion faster than manual unless the driver is experienced.
Agreed.. driving stick is becoming less relevant.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts