Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Interior:

2006 Interior (yes this is standard):

Worth $200? I think so. I wish they'd change the spedometer to blue like the radio though, amber is just so dull!
It would definately look cool like this:

While they're at it they can change the backlighting on the temperature system, shifter, and cupholders to blue too. With the blue under the dash lighting kit this would look pretty sweet!

·
Registered
422 Posts
fromos, what a good early post (unless you've ch'g your name). Welcome to the best tC forum.

I'd like to try out the audio controls on the steering wheel. Can't wait 'til the '06's are on the lot! I'd like a different color on the dash lights too, maybe, changeable like the 6 disc CD changer lights. At certain times of the day, I can't tell what speed I'm going.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I'm a jealous 05 owner now. I LOVE the blue AND the steering wheel controls. That's exactly what I complained to Scion about. -sighs- Anyone want to buy my 05 tC now so that I can get an 06 tC?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't know. The steering wheel is not that big -- something I am greatful for as it allows one to "toss" the car around. If they were going to put radio buttons on it, they should have placed them on the back of the steering wheel, which works better IMO. That way, you can use your fingertips.

Cheers!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to clarify the third pic is a mod somebody did, you can read more about it here . He just tore out the spedometer board, took out the factory leds, and soldered in some blue ones he bought at digikey.com (product # 160-1454-1-ND) $1.68 per led and needed 14 for the gauges.

But he shouldn't have had to do all this and risk messing up a $300 instrument panel, they should come factory like this or at least include the option. I think the switch to the blue pioneer radio is a switch in the right direction, but it would be way cooler if they offered the option to switch the instrument panels too. Amber is just ugly.

·
Registered
339 Posts
oh man if the instument panel looks like that on the 06 that would be soooooooo nice, i cant wait to get my 06!! order is in!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
i think the two tone on the steering wheel looks real good, a lot better then just plain black imo

did you guys notice the floormats in the 06? do yout think they will come standard in the 06?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i cant stand the amber lights either, that was my only complaint about the tC, it's not THAT big of a deal to me. i think it will actually look worse with the blue on the CD and amber on the gauges. i dont think amber/blue is a very nice looking combination, hopefully scion will see it that way as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gee, it's nice some of you have an '06 on order. Here in upstate NY, all six (6) Scion dealers are unaware that the '06 is even shipping! When you ask them if you can order an '06, they reply "Duh, those are not available and we won't swee any until at least October." I guess, after waiting all this time, I will have to buy a different car. Sigh; I really wanted a tC but I don't want to keep my '00 Beetle that long.

·
Registered
339 Posts
yea well scion did not do as well as we may have thought, i talked to someone with an 06 he said the guages are the same color :-(

·
Registered
339 Posts
SPARKY

tell your dealer to call toyota, the CAN order a new 06 tc. im in MD and i ordered mine, tell your dealer to get on top of their game or find another one. you should be able to get an 06

·
Registered
580 Posts
You can order an 06 already, if they are telling you that you cant, talk to the Manager. I heard that many dealers are kept in the dark so they can push the sales of the 05s that are still on the lot. It all depends on the dealership you go to, they all handle their business differntly. Let them know you've done your research and that you know for a fact that 06's are already out. Refer them to the scion site or another dealership not in your area.

I've got word today that mine should be here at the end of the month.

BAck to the topic: The new steering wheel has a more sleek look.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by greg091@Jun 6 2005, 07:11 AM
yea well scion did not do as well as we may have thought, i talked to someone with an 06 he said the guages are the same color :-(
The Gauges lights were a MOD, they were never orignal blue LED. I'd want blue LED too but i'm going have to get with some other tC owners to help me out on that one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.