Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
872 Posts
That looked easy.

· Registered
198 Posts
I highly doubt you can tell where the Focus is shifting by listening to it on a compressed, re-compressed, RECOMPRESSED, video hosted on a crappy bit rate and played through computer speakers, all while trying to hear over atrocious wind noise.

That being said the SVT didnt launch very well. he bogged BIG TIME.

edit: BTW, WTF is a "distinked exhuast"?

· Registered
1,103 Posts
thats what a tC does to a regular zx3. that how i pulled on the Saleen (w/o n2o spraying) which is basically a zx3 in straight line racing. out of first we pull hard then second we are pulling more while they are shifting into second. i had to play it with no sound tho. which sucks. at work. i dont think it was a supercharged tC cuz it stopped pulling in the higher gears. a s/c woulda continured to pull away just as hard as the launch cuz it woulda had an hp advantage all the way to redline.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
ok just turned the sound on but still not loud. i didnt hear the focus chirp 2nd which leads me to bleve its a sham. even the zx3 will chirp second. its a longer chirp than a tC's so we woulda heard it being that u can hear the tC's chirp. unless he got better tires...which in that case he shoulda had a better launch.

essentially it comes down to the fact that ALaS still needs to race.

· Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by ReDx+Aug 21 2006, 11:40 AM-->QUOTE (ReDx @ Aug 21 2006, 11:40 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-metalranger33
@Aug 20 2006, 06:38 PM
omg the svt didnt know how to drive or wasnt shifting right...now way the tc would pwn unless it was SC
Dont you have a thread where you beat a svt and I didnt see a SC on your list of mods. [/b]
dear god a tc CANNOT BEAT a svt that bad..that was clearly 3+ cars when i raced the Svt i beat him by bumper at best....not to mention he was catching up VERY slowly

· Registered
198 Posts
SO an SVT would still catch up to a SC tC? Probably not. Look at the video again and turn up the volume. the car filming CLEARLY boggs off the line which = DEATH in a drag race unless you have some serious advantage over the other car.

· Registered
1,629 Posts
i've bogged my car on a launch and still got mid 14's it only takes off about 1/2 to 3/4 a sec on the 1/4 mile. Would 1/2 to 3/4 of a sec be comparable to how bad the SVT lost? i cant see the video, im at work.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.