Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this site and I am loving all the pictures and the fact that there are so many tc lovers out there.

I had my first 5-speed manual 06' black sand pearl tc in early July and it was my first car ever. One days I was driving 80mph on the freeway and tailgating a truck in the fast lane (yes it was totally my fault and I have learned my lesson. I'm sorry!!!)

The truck braked and I realized that I didn't have time to break so I tried to change into the right lane when the car started to skid and went out of control. As I instinctly turned the steering wheel hard the other way, the car crashed head on to the center divider.

The car was totalled, but luckily no one else was involved and I only had a few scratches. Since I love tc so much, I decided to use the money that the insurance paid and bought an exact same one in early October.

Don't know if anyone cares to read this but I just want to share my story and hopefully all the tc drivers will enjoy their precious babies without paying the price I've paid.

Drive carefully everybody and please keep posting pictures because I really don't have the money to modify any part of my car since my insurance is going to be so high.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yes, they do. they paid me out on my matrix that my girlfriend put off an offramp and through trees. thats what insurance is for. your rates go up, but they cover it if you have full coverage. if you only have liability, you are on your own.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Originally posted by {StatuSChecKa}@Oct 29 2005, 10:54 AM
Damn dude, at first i thought you were gonna say you wreaked 2 cars in 3 months!!

I hope your new TC is doing ok, I HOPE!
Like you said, Drive Carefully.

And welcome to the site.
LOL, I thought the same thing and I was going to suggest that he takes the bus from now on.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I did!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Great to hear that you are OK. That's quite scary. I mean, in a bad day it can totally mean something much more nasty...

From the way accidents are being reported on this forum, tC must have some of the highest new car accident rates. Better watch out for the insurance rates for upcoming years when the agencies put the car in the blacklist.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.