Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
We have a single 15 flush mounted below the level of the rear carpet with a 1,000 watt really high end A/B amp and can about seperate your brain stem, two 15's will not be much louder in reality compared to what is insanely loud already.

We competed in a new event with it, 2 minutes of music, average SPL, we hit 138.4 dB average, that is insanely loud. So far on peaks have hit 141 but not even tuned yet.

This is a sealed box, SQ sub, ported we would of been 3-6dB louder!

And, with taking out the spare tire, jack, etc and a lighter weight exhause only added 10 lbs to the stock weight of the car:)

Rick

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Yeah I would have to agree with everyone, I have 2 12s and people that have seen my setup have wished that they could have their trunk space back..so trust me the box does take up a ton of room in the back so I couldn't imagine 15s

·
Registered
18 Posts
2 15" Treo Street Series with Memphis Belle 1000w on each one...

put them in a big ported box and you won't be able to breathe or see while playing them.....

edit: My buddy had 3 of these in his durango and was hitting 157.8 constantly...

I'd say with the 2 and 1000w each, youd prolly be around 152-155dB

·
Registered
233 Posts
You can fit two 13" woofers in only 3.25 NET Cu.Ft and have a lot more diplacement capability than two 12" woofers and more than a single 15" woofer. The enclosure would only be about 1 Cu.Ft. larger than the 15" enclosure as well.
If you're looking for output, displacement is what rules...... You know....that old chestnut.
Amplifiers cannot produce more average energy than the alternator has to give. If you want a 1000+ Watt system, your charging system will need upgrade under abusive conditions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.