Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ok...well this is my 1st every post on this websight, so i figured id start off by asking some questions.....

1.1st is the ground effects kits worth 1000? how low does it make it verse with out it?

2.should i get the bazooka subwoofer?

3. led lights , do you like em?

4.18' rims a must have?

5.should i get the supercharged? (cant drive stick)

6. should i get matching lights underneath it to match the led lights?

7. i love the scion tc the dealer said they were coming out with another car and he said if i liked the tc id be sure to like the new car..... anyone heard anything about new car....dealer man said be out next year...... makes me wanna not buy it yet in case i like that one better.....

thanks for reading this!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Originally posted by ScionTc_Girl@Nov 16 2004, 09:52 PM

ok...well this is my 1st every post on this websight, so i figured id start off by asking some questions.....

1.1st is the ground effects kits worth 1000? how low does it make it verse with out it?

4.18' rims a must have?

7. i love the scion tc the dealer said they were coming out with another car and he said if i liked the tc id be sure to like the new car..... anyone heard anything about new car....dealer man said be out next year......  makes me wanna not buy it yet in case i like that one better.....

thanks for reading this!

Welcome to the site!! There are lots of great people here that provide useful information.

1. $1000 is a lot of money, but if you must have the look. It's really a matter of how much you like them. I didn't get them. I'm waiting to see if something else comes out to tickle my fancy. (yep, i have a ticklish fancy).

2. There are much better aftermarket speakers for less money.

3. The LED's are kinda neat, but I don't like the way they look under the dash. They're completely visible from within the cabin. Once again, you can probably do better for less in the aftermarket.

4. I've read that for performance, 17" wheels are the best. However, since this isn't a ferarri, it's all about personal preference and appearance. There are lower priced 18" wheels out there that you might like more.

5. The supercharger isn't available yet. But it should still work fine on the automatic. Unless you're missing an arm or leg, you shouldn't have trouble learning to drive a stick either. After a short period of time, it becomes second nature.

6. Underneath? There's only one LED kit that I'm aware of and it comes with everything. Once again, there are cheaper/better aftermarket kits available.

7. I haven't heard anything about a new Scion, but it makes sense that they not stop with 3 vehicles. Of course, if you keep waiting for the next best thing, you'll never get rid of the old crappy thing. I didn't like the other two, but the tC looks great.

Having said all of that, I like the look of the tC lowered with the TRD lowering springs without the bodykit on 17" wheels. Scion is all about personal taste, thats why there are over 30 aftermarket addons. I've only given you my opinions, and you'll probably get many more from your post. All I can say is that the car underneath all the addons is a great car for a great price, everything else is gravy.

krzy

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by ScionTc_Girl@Nov 17 2004, 01:52 AM

4.18' rims a must have?

7. i love the scion tc the dealer said they were coming out with another car and he said if i liked the tc id be sure to like the new car..... anyone heard anything about new car....dealer man said be out next year...... makes me wanna not buy it yet in case i like that one better.....

thanks for reading this!
My worthless opinions:

1. Absolutely not. It's barely noticeable.
2. No.
3. Yes (in blue).
4. No. Waste of money. Not a big improvement over the gorgeous stock 17s.
5. Not unless you're rich.
6. No.
7. Don't rely on something a dealer might or might not know. Being that there's no official word on any new Scion yet, I wouldn't make a decision based on what could be.

·
Registered
128 Posts
For me, it was a matter of "am I really going to do a lot of aftermarket stuff to my car?"

I got the 6 disc and sub because I don't really have the time / knowledge about aftermarket stereos to do that myself. I have no complaints about my set-up. Maybe I don't shake the ground, but I like the sound and enjoy my Billy Joel at a comfortable level.

I agree with the above statement that there are better/cheaper aftermarket kits available for almost any option. Are you going to do a lot of aftermaket work on the car? If so - get it with nothing and do it all yourself. If not - get what you want on the car and drive as is.

Jeff

I had to wait an extra couple of weeks because I refused to get the ground effects. $1000?!?! Are you kidding?

I am thinking of getting new tires/wheels (4th on my list actually - after auto dim mirror, sheepskin seat covers, and the pedistal spoiler when it comes out) just because I want my car to look different from the other scions out there. And I will get 18's.

As for supercharged - I told the same thing to the guy trying to sell me the RSX Type S - my street racing days are over. I want a fun car to drive to get to work and back home again. And maybe to Vegas a couple times a year. $3500 and I still wouldn't impress these LA chicks used to the Porshes and Ferraris out here.

I think the LEDs and stuff are a little old. But if you like them, I say "why not?" The little touches like that will make you enjoy your car much more than ground effects or having your automatic supercharged.

As for driving stick - the best way to learn is to buy one. I had about 3 lessons before I bought my first maunal car. I was still shakey driving it home, but within a week I was an expert.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Welcome. Nice to see more members coming every day. The guys above pretty much summed it up on your accessories questions.

Let me add a little from my automatic supercharged experience. I had a 1.8L Toyota Matrix auto with TRD supercharger - loved it to death, but it was a 130hp car stock that's almost as heavy as the tC - it was scary to drive on Atlanta highways. Supercharger brought it to about the power level of the tC. tC already comes with same power and more torque, so it's more than adequate. It is a fun car to drive stock and you can find better uses for $3500. I SC'd one car, but will not do it to the tC, I'd rather have my title a year sooner.

·
Registered
614 Posts
just my opinion, but i say no to all except the led interior light in blue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
see the thing that sucks it i dont know crap about cars..... so i mean aftermarket might not be do able for me.... i wouldnt even know what to ask for lol...... i mean im an only child and a girl to boot so i never really had a brother or dad to show me about car stuff..... i just know bits and peices but where i live car's are like "in" people race and ride around maybe cause there isnt anything else to do...haha i mean i really would like to get lights inside and out......underbody kits are kinda hard to drive with...so i heard....but i mean if i can get it lowered....how much would that cost??? cause that kinda be the same thing...but i mean it does look nice with out the bodykit and with out the 18".......its so hard because ive only see 2 upclose no one really has then but i look a test drive and fell in love!............i would really like a nice sounding system tho.... that important because i love music.....(seeing hereing and feeling it....).... but if i could get someone to install it after market for less and it sounding better id rather do that......

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The car looks really nice without the body kit and the 18s. If you want the more "aggressive" look, order the TRD springs and have the dealership install them -- it'll still cost way less than the body kit and it will look better.

As far as the Bazooka sub, keep the $400 in your pocket and go buy a quality sub and amp at your local stereo shop instead.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by raytrix@Nov 16 2004, 10:04 PM
ya i heard there was going to be another addition to scion ... i heard its called the dL?!?! i saw it on scionlife.com but ya they didnt have a pic
this car does not exist. there are no plans to make this car. there is no fourth model coming out in the near future. there are no plans to build a sedan right now.

just wanted to be firm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.