·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stats on a 97 Taurus SHO:
-3.4 Liter V8 Engine with Yamaha Heads
-Horsepower is rated at [email protected]
-Torque is rated at [email protected] RPMS
-Redline is 6800 RPMS (and there is power until that point, especially over 4,000)
-0-60 times average 7.0-7.7 seconds
Quarter mile times average 15.5-15.7 seconds
-Fuel Economy is 19 city/27 highway

Luxurys on this car
Leather, Chrome Wheels, Moonroof, Climate Control, Automatic Headlights, Power Driver Seat, 6 Disc Changer hooked up to a Mach Stereo, Automatic Locking Doors, Factory Alarm/Engine Immobilizer, and more I can't think of right now.

Background on the car:

I bought the car with 152k on it from a friend/master Ford mechanic/SHO enthusiast. Before I picked it up he completely, rebuilt the transmission for me (torque convertor, clutch packs, internal wiring, etc.) EVERY SINGLE PART INSIDE THE TRANSMISSION WAS REPLACED! While he had the transmission apart I had him install a Trans-GO shift modifier and a B&M transmission cooler. The tranny is very solid much nicer than the 98's which is still stock.

The car also got the cams welded and while doing so had all the spark plugs replaced with Motorcraft plugs, the coils were swapped (two were replaced), new intake gaskets, and valve covers gaskets. It also had the front left hub assembly, rear end link, A/C clutch regapped, and the power antenna replaced before I purchased it.

After I got the car, I added two Flowmaster 40 mufflers to make it a little louder and make it actually sound like a V8. I also have added two 12" Audiobahn sub's in the trunk complete with a 1600 watt amp. The front Mach door speakers have been replaced with 6X9's fitted with custom enclosures. The car was also fully insulated and dynomatted at the same time. It is all hooked up the factory setup. That way it looks clean and helps reduce the risk of theft.

I added a Kool Blue Air Filter since I got it for free at the 2004 National SHO convention. I also recently cleaned out the IAB and put on two newer tires on the car.

I had a new hub assembly installed in the front right wheel, two new lower balljoints, and a 4 wheel alignment including drilling out the strut towers. Made a huge difference and REALLY tightened up the front end.

The only thing the car needs and its not a big issue at all, is one of the rear strut mounts has started to make noise occasionally.

I have had this SHO maybe 5-7 months and the last month it has only had maybe 500 miles put on it before that I was putting changing the oil once a month (so about 3,000 miles a month.) It is now at 167k which is primarily highway driving. I bought it to daily drive and it served me wonderfully while I was still driving it, I just decided I've had TONS of SHO's (9 or 10 total, I lost count) in the past 3 years and I wanted something newer and different to play with so it must go. I'm hoping it gets to continue its life in the hands of someone who will love it like I and the previous owner did.

Any questions, feel free to ask, KBB value is listed at $4,655, and I have decided to ask $4,500 OBO

Pictures:

I currently have no pictures of the interior uploaded, but it is in above average shape compared to the majority of V8 SHO's I've seen. I will try to get those uploaded tommorow. If anyone would like to see any additional pictures please let me know.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
not too shabby. i know most people probably dont appreciate the SHO, cause its a ford, but for what they are, they are pretty neat freakin cars. and for a v8 sedan, they handled pretty well. good luck, someone who knows will pick this up from you, i have no doubt.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jun 4 2005, 11:22 AM
they handled pretty well.
Thank you for the kind words

He's right about the handling, 96-98 SHO's have SARC (Semi Active Ride Control) which means the suspension has two modes, firm and hard. The switch is activated by many sensors such as aggressive braking, acceleration, turning etc.

Whats really cool about this system is the car has virtually no squat upon hard acceleration or braking. The car feels slower than it is because of this fact.

You can also pull the SARC fuse and have it in full hard mode or even install a switch... thats alot of fun!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amp is mounted to wood covered in nice carpet, looks very professional and does not move around

The subs have a neon light inside but I never hooked it up

Dynomat and Insulation

Dynomat and Insulation part 2

Flowmasters with stock tips

Interior Pictures

Please ignore the Steins plastic in the trunk, I use it to protect the newly recovered carpeting. The two front doors are also fully insulated and dynomatted, but I didn't want to rip the door panels off as it's already a tight fit with the custom wooden enclosures and Infiniti 6X9's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.