Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen people get TRD 18s and Enekei (sp) 18s when they have opted for the upgrade at the dealer.

Is this a choice I have? If so, can I choose color as well?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
no, dude, those are not the only options you have. You can chose just about any rim and tire, as long as they comply with the specs for the wheel. Here's a link to tirerack.com to give you some options:

http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp

It's a great site, once you select the 2005 scion tc for rims, there are a ton of options, and a nice little applet that lets you click on the rims and they show up on the car, to give you an idea of it would look like. Check it out.

good luck in finding what you like.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gatorfan, I think the TRD's from the dealership are for the Xb...theyre sweet tho...when I got mine, the only 18" upgrade they had for the tc were the enkeis on the site...but maybe things changed in the last 2 weeks...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^^ The TRD rims are for the tC also, but those arent the only ones out there. You can literally put any rim on your tc as long as it fits. you just have to buy ones that are the right size for the car.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
18" 5-spoke TRDs (5 wide spokes slightly curved outward) first were sold as TRD wheel option for Toyota Matrix/Corolla/Celica. The wheels are Team Dynamics Mirage with TRD centercaps and dark silver paint. Look very nice, especially on a rolla or a matrix, but they are heavy as hell (I think 32lbs for the rim, 52+lbs rim and tire). You can get them for $1300 from various online dealers.

The true tC 18" option are 7-spoke (I think it's 7) Enkeis that look kinda like the wheels on G35 coupe - nice and sweet. As for weight - I have no idea. Probably less than stock.

19" TRD option for tC has 5 split spokes and also looks very nice. Don't know the weight/manufacturer though either.

·
Registered
614 Posts
TRD 19s are too heavy and low profile, not good for usual, everyday driving, but they look really nice. i haven't seen them in person though. the Enkei 18s are the same weight as the stock 17s. i say shop around and choose different design 17s or upgrade to 18s, but don't go any bigger. performance, handling, and your piggybank will suffer otherwise.

·
Registered
936 Posts
18x114.5 use that size as your guide when choosing a wheel. I dont reccomend the TRD wheels, they are overpriced and just re-branded racing hart's (some models). Go with Axis or another brand and get as much value out of your doller as possible! - T

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im going for the dealer installed option because I can finance them. I dont have the 1k to put up front by getting them aftermarket. I do like the Enekeis but didnt know if I had more options to choose from.

Thanks for all the insight peeps.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Sep 8 2004, 02:01 PM
18x114.5 use that size as your guide when choosing a wheel. I dont reccomend the TRD wheels, they are overpriced and just re-branded racing hart's (some models). Go with Axis or another brand and get as much value out of your doller as possible! - T
beep. wrong answer. it's 5x100, not 5x114.5 - we have same wheels as celica/matrix/corolla, but NOT like camry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts