Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about getting new rims sometime down the line. as i look at different styles and stuff i would like to know which is better, 18" or 19"? i know whether or not your car is lowered determines the maximum wheel size, so for my car it will not be lowered. i would really like to get 19s becasue they look the best but are there rubbing issues with 19" rims on the tC?

·
Registered
936 Posts
moved to "talk" since the topic is for discussional purposes and there is not real factual answers just opnion. Thank you for posting! - t

·
Registered
999 Posts
Personally, I don't dig 19's. I dig 18's, 20's. Why? Because their even numbers,

17 for stock is huge, so thats why I also like 17. I'd vote 18, so you wouldn't have to worry about rubbing.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Personally, I think 18"s are the perfect fit, or lowered on 17"s. I don't think I've seen a tC lowered on 18"s yet...

Here's a link to UrbanRacer.com & their review/pics:
http://urbanracer.com/articles/anmviewer.asp?a=957

& this is what they had to say...
The Beyonce-sexy optional 19” inch TRD wheels were not as harsh-riding as you would think and there is only a minimal amount of rubbing – only in heavy turns. The caveat to running the 19” wheel is of course, like in any other car, the dulled responses and heavy-footed feel of having 19” worth of unsprung mass at each corner (like asking Shaq to do a Irish jig).[/b]

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Eric, that was a really good site.
very helpful.

a little off topic real quick but how do you change what it says below your avatar? like where SilverX's says "Ocean of Bliss"?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Aug 26 2004, 10:51 PM
thanks Eric, that was a really good site.
very helpful.

a little off topic real quick but how do you change what it says below your avatar? like where SilverX's says "Ocean of Bliss"?
Up at the top of the page, you click on the "my controls" button . Once that screen loads, look on the left hand margin for the "edit profile info" button. Click on that.....and the first box will say "custom user banner" or something like that, and you just type it in and save! - t

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yea, I thought it was cool. All you people were talking about being tC Freaks and Obsessed, but I! Was the Ocean of Bliss.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's a really cool sig Eric. i like yours and TCrazy's the best out of everyone's. wolo's is cool too.

thanks T, i'm not at the point where i can change it yet but now i know how to when i get there.
by the way, are those your real wheels on the car in your sig?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts