Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I’ve got a 14 Scion tC. It’s basically stock besides a cold air intake and headers. And I’ve got a remote start on it. 6speed manual. So the problem I’m having is for some reason my car will not hold a charge. So I jump it before I leave. And about 15-25 minutes of driving and the car will completely die. And it will not start back up until I jump it again. I’ve replaced the battery, the alternator and belt. Pulled the remote start out. Checked all my fuses, and I still can not figure out why it’s just dying. If I pull the battery out and charge it the car will run for a couple days and then die again. If you’ve got any opinions or answers please help me out. I even took it to a shop and he couldn’t figure it out

·
Registered
31 Posts
When you say you checked all the fuses did you use a volt meter and test if you were reading a voltage across the terminals? If there is a voltage read then you have a short. Be aware some terminals do have a small amount, but not enough to drain your battery. The most common that causes battery intermittent drain is the alternator, but you did say you replaced that less you have a shorted positive wire from the alternator... I would check that.

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
79 Posts
If you have any aftermarket installations that aren't done correctly & therfore might be parasitic battery drain.

There's something that's causing battery drain. Loose wire, wire corrosion. Interior lights left on/burned out bulb & the selector switch is set to "On" position.

Installed non oem illumination that may be causing short/battery drain.

Aftermarket security alarm done wrong of sloppy.

Positive, negative wires.

Alternator wires.

What does a n OBD2 scanner find?

Hope this helps?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts