Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the biggest size enclosure you can fit in the back of the tc that'll hold 2 12"s?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'm probably not the best person to answer, but since you haven't yet received a response, I'll give it a shot.

In most cases, the speaker manufacturer will give an indication of the minimum air volume to efficiently run their speaker. Since there are so many different manufacturers and box designs, this is a difficult question to answer.

For example, a 12 inch Alpine Alpine SWR-1242D speaker includes the following in its list of specifications:
» sealed box volume: 0.7-1.0 cu. ft.
» ported box volume: 0.75-1.75 cu. ft.

So to get a pair of speakers, you'll want to double the values above. Generally, ported boxes require a larger volume. I can't comment on the sound differences, but as you can see, a cubic foot will work for both of these. Also keep in mind that this is INTERIOR volume of the box so if you're using a thick box, you'll want to include the volume of the wood in your choice since you an lose .1 cubic feet to just the partition between the speakers.

My suggestion is to first find the specifications of the speaker you want to use, then find a box. If you cant find a prefab, they're not horribly difficult to make.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I ment what's gonna fit in that little ass space?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I guess that depends on how creative you are.

I'd grab my tape measure and go check for you, but ... nevermind.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just built a custom box for my tc. kept the left foam box and put all the tools in it. Used the spot over the tire and replaced the right side foam. You can fit a twelve in the back but the box sticks up about two inches over the stock floor. When I get my camera unpacked i will post pictures.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone havea place that has a box that's not custom that'll fit? I can't find one anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.