Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW, I can't believe its been 1 year since I bought this car. Overall, this car was my first car that I bought and it is a fun car to drive (Manual). The tC was a good investment. It not only takes you to where you want to go, but also takes you in a sporty style as well! It was a lot better than what I expected for the amount that we have to pay. I drove the crap out of this thing in just 1 year too!

Mileage: 19712

and here are just a few things about the car that are under "the bad" category.

The Bad:
-Recall on Wind Deflector
-Moonroof wouldn't close properly, had to get it fixed
-Moonroof raddles like crazy when cover is open and roof is closed
-Glove compartment raddles
-3 out of 4 Rims have scrapes or a dent (2 were my fault)
-Filled up gas one time and the METAL handle dug into the paint and left a scratch
-Driving on the Freeway, somebody runs over a pallet and wood is flying everywhere and it hit the bottom of my front bumper (underside) left deep gashes (was able to touch up with paint)
-Car Antenna was stolen! (bought S2K antenna to replace)
-1 LUG NUT was stolen (Toyota replaced it for free)
-1 Air tire cap was stolen (bought a set at Wal-Mart)
-Car key fell into the gap where the seat and middle glove box is, couldn't get it out because hand is too big, had to adjust the seat back and forth til it fell out and in the process ended f*ing up the key cover!
-Scrape/Dented/Scratched a small section of the back bumper when I backed up into a 1.5 foot pole on the floor. Who the f**k puts a pole on the floor that short?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
What about the good side? I've got 2 curbed rims too... was my fault technically but the stupid streets had curbs sticking out in very bad angles.

Who would want to steal our nasty OEM antenna?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Wow...you have almost double the miles that I have in the same time frame.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Today, I'm at 10200. Got the car almost 1 year ago to the day.

A lot of that is probably due to the fact that I was away for 4 months this year.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Weak on mileage guys
I've had it since Feb and I have 23,000 miles on mine. Damn the woman for living in another city this year.

Something in my interior has recently started rattling near the base of my windshield. This one takes the cake for annoyance factor, as it's the loudest of all.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Originally posted by Silver Streaker@Dec 15 2005, 10:30 PM
-Car key fell into the gap where the seat and middle glove box is, couldn't get it out because hand is too big
LOL Reminds me of a quote from this simpsons episode when homer gains all this weight to go on disability leave for obesity. he's tryin to use the phone but he can't push one number at a time and the operator says, "The fingers that you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your palm now."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.