Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....it's rattle hell in my 2006, FM 5SP TC. The hatch has started rattling, the radio cover squeaks, the sunroof rattles and my brake pedal has this creaking feel(but no sound)

I've been extremely gentle with the car careful to never rev over 3000RPM and accelerate very gradually. The problems seem to be on and off though and possibly temperature related. On a hot day, the problems appear exacerbated. Today, there was only hatch rattle and the sunroof and radio cover remained silent.

I'm going to have the dealer look at the noise issues when I take it in for the first oil change.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well i dk about all this being gentle stuff. I got my 06 TC in July and after a couple hundred miles i revved the $hit out of the car. I do it basically every day weather its cold or hot out. Im at 1600 miles now and have no problems at all with the car. just a minor hatch rattle. Now roof, cd cover, engine problems or anything at all. I personally think that babying the car is bull$hit but thats my opinion. I race this car and everything. I max out everygear during a race and have no problems with the car. It seems that everyone who babys their car has the most problems. Well i cant really help you man, call the dealer. Its under warranty.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Nothing like that is fixed for 2006.

-The sunroof squeak i notice is only happening when the sunroof is open. The pivot points are just squeaking because flex, that is not uncommon in any car. A little white lithium grease will take of that.

-The hatch rattle is mysterious and seems to be coming from different places in lots of cars. Mine is coming from the right passenger side, but i haven't climbed back there to find out from where. Wolo's seems to be bad welds, there is lots of blame, try pinpointing the noise by letting someone sit back there while you drive.

- The radio cover is plastic, squeaks will happen here too, but should only be when opening or closing, if it rattles while you drive try tightening it up, or lube the hinges.

·
Premium Member
13,780 Posts
I have a 2006 FM AT and I also have a minor hatch rattle, but I haven't noticed anything else. *knocking on wood*

I've heard a lot of people say that they have absolutely no problems with their '06. Too bad we're not them, eh?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Never shifted above 3000rpms? Holy #### man, that's not even the books ideal shift point. My car likes to be shifted around 4K, that's where I get the most bang for the buck in each gear. It's actually quite bad for your car to shift before you're suppose to.

Especially 1st -> 2nd. It doesn't like 3K shifts. :/

·
Registered
958 Posts
Originally posted by serith@Sep 13 2005, 07:39 AM
Never shifted above 3000rpms? Holy #### man, that's not even the books ideal shift point. My car likes to be shifted around 4K, that's where I get the most bang for the buck in each gear. It's actually quite bad for your car to shift before you're suppose to.

Especially 1st -> 2nd. It doesn't like 3K shifts. :/
During the cars "breaking in point" at what rpm should you be shifting?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by UpInSmoke23@Sep 12 2005, 01:39 PM
Well i dk about all this being gentle stuff.  I got my 06 TC in July and after a couple hundred miles i revved the $hit out of the car.  I do it basically every day weather its cold or hot out.  Im at 1600 miles now and have no problems at all with the car.  just a minor hatch rattle.  Now roof, cd cover, engine problems or anything at all.  I personally think that babying the car is bull$hit but thats my opinion.  I race this car and everything.  I max out everygear during a race and have no problems with the car.  It seems that everyone who babys their car has the most problems.  Well i cant really help you man, call the dealer.  Its under warranty.
well you should come race my stock 06 tC if you like to beat it up as like like to beat mine up from time to time...I think I'll take ya off the line bro if youre stock or just running i/h/e....Ive taken every tC around here from a launch...

·
Registered
675 Posts
well to all that have had the console squeak and door squeak.. I had mine fixed with foam tape around the holes that the clips the console is attached into.. no more noise.. looks like foam tape is the tC's best friend (for the most part)

also the brake pedal.. could be the brake light switch assembly.. I found that mine was feeling like that, it then began to click, dealer replaced it.. no problem..

i'm surprised an 06 has this when mine is an 05 and replaced with a newer brake light switch, no noise.. well anyway hope that info helps ya and your dealer..

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Wow that really sucks, i have an 06' black sand pearl, i noticed no rattles or squeakes really..only going over like pot holes or rough roads..but it coudl also be that im always blasting my music.. heres the solution for you babysitters: play music loud enough to fix your problems! :-D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.