Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my TC on Dec 13th. The Salesman told me it would take 6 to 8 weeks before i recieved it. I went back to the dealership Jan 15th (roughly a month later) and found out that the salesman that I previously dealt with is no longer working there. So another salesman was assigned to me (actually a saleswoman, and she's pretty hot too
). She tells me that now there are 6 ppl ahead of me and that I won't recieve my vehicle for another 2 to 3 months.

Well I just recieved a call about 20 minutes ago from her and she informed me that they have a Flint Mica TC on the way for me, and that it will be here no longer than a month.

My question is: Has anyone else recieved this type of confirmation call, and if so, how accurate was their estimations of delivery.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i have made a few confirmation calls like that, and i know moriarty has as well. the earliest we will call someone is once we know we have received the car for them on our next allocation. and we just got our allocations yesterday morning. so, if she is basing the call off your car being on her next allocation, you could expect to see it at your dealership in under a month, yes.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by jchen@Jan 21 2005, 01:37 PM
I just got my confirmation call:) 10 more days. I ordered it four days ago. So, sorry to hear you have to wait so long. I hope I get mine in 10 more days! Wooooo 5spd white tC!
nice. i have one of those here at my shop. glad yours is coming in so quickly.

you guys should consider yourself lucky. one of our clients here waited 14 weeks. with the initial craziness of our pre-sold lists mostly satisfied, and the upshift in available vehicles, the waits are getting shorter and shorter. people requesting cars today can easily be assured of a shorter wait than those who joined the lists last summer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 20 2005, 02:44 PM
i have made a few confirmation calls like that, and i know moriarty has as well.  the earliest we will call someone is once we know we have received the car for them on our next allocation.  and we just got our allocations yesterday morning.  so, if she is basing the call off your car being on her next allocation, you could expect to see it at your dealership in under a month, yes.
I hope your right....I wish I had the luck of these other guys that only have to wait a week or two to get there's. O well, T minus 3 weeks left, (here's hopin, Fingers crossed)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd love to make a road trip to pick one of those up....this wait is killing me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow, I've never heard of having to wait that long for a car unless it's just not come out yet like those people who were buying up the new Ford stangs (Only God knows why). I had my car in a week waiting in the showroom for me. My sales guy at Savannah Toyota was real cool. I'm excited for you guys that have yuor car coming soon. I know the wait must suck but's it so worth it once you pick up that car. All you want to do is drive it everywhere. I've had mine 3 weeks and I'm still excited to wake up in the mornings and drive it to work.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the dealership told me that they can't find out what my payments would be until my car comes in, only then would they be able to do my credit check

My father just brought a Highlander from them and he asked them the same ques....they said that there wouldn't be any extra fees or charges for paying more than the minimum.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by JohnBoy@Jan 23 2005, 09:32 PM
cant order mine for another 8-12mos.
jealousy.

are you able to pay more than your monthly payment and have it applied to the principle? like if my pmt is 300 can i pay 350?
Generally so, but it depends on who you finance through.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I ordered mine on Dec 23rd they told me 8 weeks. I followed up like 2 weeks ago, and now they say March!!! So I've been contemplating going to LA to pick one up, they indicated 2 to 4 wks at Scion of Hollywood.

So here's the jacked up part! I got a call from the dealer today on my cell, I missed the call and called them back 15 minutes later. They had told me that my car came in, however since I missed the call they offered it to the next person in line... Those bastards...

So now I'm praying that this guys screws it up somehow!!!

Wish me luck! I really don't wanna have to go to LA.... This wait is insane!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i have a car coming in for a gentleman. it should be here in about 2 weeks. that brings his total wait time to 17 weeks. and there is nothing i can do about it, i dont make the cars. but i still feel like the ####### here. 17 weeks.
you guys tired of waiting - just dont go shooting your sales rep. it isnt necessarily our fault.

however, stoney, it is f#cked up that they called you once, and didnt give you a chance to call back. we spent 3 days searching for a client's phone number to let them know his car was in. and we waited. held the car for him. cause thats what i would want a dealer to do for me.
but then, you cant expect that everywhere. we rock harder than everyone else.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If only more dealers were like yourself there'd be much less consumer contempt for the auto sales industry (at least for me).

As for paying more than your monthly payment, I haven't encountered any objections to that. But like basilisk said, it does depend on who you finance through. So be sure to look into that before you sign that dotted line.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ yeah, some financing institutions will charge a penalty for early payments. cause you are cutting them out of their finance charges by paying early. and thats how they make their dollars. TFS does not, nor do most credit unions. but duckman is right - ask to make sure.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
17 weeks
, I thought my wait was bad.....keep ya head up man....I'm going to be sure to ask about the financing before i purchase too. NO penalties for me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.