Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering to buy a tC for myself.

I was looking at some websites, and I did some search here in this forum.
I saw that some of you had a 1.9% or 2.9% APR deal for your auto loan?
Where??? At the dealership?

I looked everywhere, and the best rate I could come up with was with NetBank, 4.05% for 36 months with no application fee, no down payment, and no pre-payment penalty.

Just FYI, my FICA score is 751.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by jydds@Feb 15 2005, 05:35 AM
I'm seriously considering to buy a tC for myself.

I was looking at some websites, and I did some search here in this forum.
I saw that some of you had a 1.9% or 2.9% APR deal for your auto loan?
Where??? At the dealership?

I looked everywhere, and the best rate I could come up with was with NetBank, 4.05% for 36 months with no application fee, no down payment, and no pre-payment penalty.

Just FYI, my FICA score is 751.
When I bought my tC...back in October...Toyota ...through their finance arm..was offering 1.9% for customers with a really good credit rating. I think you needed a 740 or so rating. They tried their best to get me to finance...I think they will make a profit by trying and selling you credit life or payment protection to go along with that low rate. I refused the financing as I had the money set aside to pay for it outright. I really do not think you will get that great rate now....the Federal Reserve has been raising the prime rate of late...if you noticed.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Should have taken the 1.9% and put the cash in CDs or something for 3% APY or even higher

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I did a fair amount of looking around, and I couldn't find anyone, anywhere who was even claiming to offer a rate lower than 4% when I got mine at the beginning of August. Truthfully, if you pay it off quickly, it won't matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.