Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Greed4speed@Jul 16 2004, 10:49 PM
I got my mind set on a rsx type s but the insurance cost and a lot of little things have prevented me from actually getting this car. After seeing the tc for the first time recently I'm beginning to take a lot more interest in the car. Performance is definitely important and the 1/4 mile and 0-60 times, if true, are impressive to me. I have to say that I've been a honda loyalist since I've first got my drivers license so a test drive is a must. I see some room for improvement but the design is perfect. I love every angle of this car. I hope they come out with a more powerful version to compete with cars with slightly more racing features, like the type s.
I know exactly what you mean -- my girlfriend has a 2003 Acura RSX and I've become a big fan, not just because of the performance and looks, but also because of the long list of standard features for the price. Once I found out how much I would be paying for insurance on any kind of RSX, though, I started looking for other options. I had basically decided on the 2004 Honda Accord Coupe V6...that is, until the Scion tC came out.

The tC compares favorably (actually, blows out of the water) both the RSX (yes, even the Type S) and the Accord V6 Coupe, when you take into account performance, price, and options. I read something from Car & Driver recently (pretty sure it was C&D -- I've been reading so much about the tC lately -- but it could have been Motor Trend) that stated that despite the fact that Honda quotes the RSX (stock 160-hp) as having a 0-60 in the 7's, they (C&D) tested the RSX Type-S (stock 200-hp) and were only able to get 7.3 seconds on the 0-60 and mid 15's on the quarter mile.

Now, I just wish I knew something about installing performance upgrades for after I get my tC.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by tripeclipse@Jul 19 2004, 12:32 PM
Man does anyone else wish that the tC was Rear Wheel Drive?
Not when it's raining, I won't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.