Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yep. thats what i heard from car and driver. the TRD s/c should provide about 6 pounds of boost, from what i have been told.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^^yep, that was the tested model.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i havent timed one, but i have driven both pretty extensively. you should be pleased with it even in automatic form. it still gets up just fine. and with the gated shifter, if you are talented in the right department, you can almost treat it as a sequential shift and just bang through the gears. but it isnt as much fun as grabbing second and taking that corner, you know what i mean?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Greed4speed@Jul 16 2004, 10:49 PM
I got my mind set on a rsx type s but the insurance cost and a lot of little things have prevented me from actually getting this car.  After seeing the tc for the first time recently I'm beginning to take a lot more interest in the car.  Performance is definitely important and the 1/4 mile and 0-60 times, if true, are impressive to me.  I have to say that I've been a honda loyalist since I've first got my drivers license so a test drive is a must.  I see some room for improvement but the design is perfect.  I love every angle of this car.  I hope they come out with a more powerful version to compete with cars with slightly more racing features, like the type s.
^^ dont hold your breath for a more powerful engine from the factory. we dont change much about a car in our lineup from year to year - its a cost thing. there is a reason why the interior is one color for all tC's. and why there isnt an engine upgrape, or trim level packages. money. you are talking about a car that is better equipped than anything in its class for 16,465. if we had to produce four different versions of each of the three models, cost would go up to produce them, and your price would increase. want more power? s'charge it, t'charge it, etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.