Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info on the tC 1/4 time? How many psi will the TRD SC boost?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by SHAGGY@Jul 11 2004, 11:40 PM
Any info on the tC 1/4 time?  How many psi will the TRD SC boost?
I think C+D said 15.7 1/4 mile and 7.4 0-60 w/o the SC

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yep. thats what i heard from car and driver. the TRD s/c should provide about 6 pounds of boost, from what i have been told.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^^yep, that was the tested model.

·
Registered
197 Posts
has anyone heard of times for the automatic? Anyone done personal tests with the auto?

I hate that I did it but I had to order an automatic because I couldn't wait months to get a new car. Going down to college in a month and I really wanted to put some miles on the car here in my hometown first...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i havent timed one, but i have driven both pretty extensively. you should be pleased with it even in automatic form. it still gets up just fine. and with the gated shifter, if you are talented in the right department, you can almost treat it as a sequential shift and just bang through the gears. but it isnt as much fun as grabbing second and taking that corner, you know what i mean?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my mind set on a rsx type s but the insurance cost and a lot of little things have prevented me from actually getting this car. After seeing the tc for the first time recently I'm beginning to take a lot more interest in the car. Performance is definitely important and the 1/4 mile and 0-60 times, if true, are impressive to me. I have to say that I've been a honda loyalist since I've first got my drivers license so a test drive is a must. I see some room for improvement but the design is perfect. I love every angle of this car. I hope they come out with a more powerful version to compete with cars with slightly more racing features, like the type s.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Greed4speed@Jul 16 2004, 10:49 PM
I got my mind set on a rsx type s but the insurance cost and a lot of little things have prevented me from actually getting this car.  After seeing the tc for the first time recently I'm beginning to take a lot more interest in the car.  Performance is definitely important and the 1/4 mile and 0-60 times, if true, are impressive to me.  I have to say that I've been a honda loyalist since I've first got my drivers license so a test drive is a must.  I see some room for improvement but the design is perfect.  I love every angle of this car.  I hope they come out with a more powerful version to compete with cars with slightly more racing features, like the type s.
^^ dont hold your breath for a more powerful engine from the factory. we dont change much about a car in our lineup from year to year - its a cost thing. there is a reason why the interior is one color for all tC's. and why there isnt an engine upgrape, or trim level packages. money. you are talking about a car that is better equipped than anything in its class for 16,465. if we had to produce four different versions of each of the three models, cost would go up to produce them, and your price would increase. want more power? s'charge it, t'charge it, etc...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jul 17 2004, 11:52 AM
we dont change much about a car in our lineup from year to year - its a cost thing. if we had to produce four different versions of each of the three models, cost would go up to produce them, and your price would increase
Yep, and I absolutely LOVE Scion for doing it that way. It suits me just fine b/c I like a car with pickup, but I'm not all about serious performance. So, I get a good, solid, dependable (hopefully..hehe) car with tons of options...but with a really great price. AND, they've even been nice enough to offer me some basic "options" so I still feel like I don't have a car just like everyone else's.

Brilliant!

Oh yeah, and I know what you mean about the RSX-S. My boyfriend had a silver one and when I first started shopping for cars, I was lucky enough to get about 28 hours of test driving in it when he and I drove from VA to Boston, MA and back one weekend. Man talk about a fun car to drive, and with a great look too!

But, when I saw the brochure for the tC, all it comes with, and with a price tag that starts around $5,500 less than the RSX-S (not to mention the difference in insurance cost)...I was sold on the tC.

My boyfriend can have his RSX-S, I can have my tC...and I might even let him drive mine when he gets the urge.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
i live in NY, so i kinda need either fwd or awd in the winter. My friend's '94 Cobra SVT slips and slides all over the place. you have to worry every second about crashing into the curb or trees 'cuz its impossible to control that car in the snow/slush, or any type of bad whether. Sure, it's not that great from a racing standpoint, but then again, i'm not gonna use this car for racing. So i think fwd is just fine, in fact most passenger cars (excluding suv's) are fwd, so i kinda expected it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got my mind set on a rsx type s but the insurance cost and a lot of little things have prevented me from actually getting this car. After seeing the tc for the first time recently I'm beginning to take a lot more interest in the car. Performance is definitely important and the 1/4 mile and 0-60 times, if true, are impressive to me. I have to say that I've been a honda loyalist since I've first got my drivers license so a test drive is a must. I see some room for improvement but the design is perfect. I love every angle of this car. I hope they come out with a more powerful version to compete with cars with slightly more racing features, like the type s.
The car has been out like what 3 - 4 weeks. Just wait. At 163lbs of torque and 160 hp it's pretty much taken care of all stock hondas in or near it's class. With a super charger rolling out this fall, the demand for the vehicle, and the mind set of the audience it's marketed towards - - - there will be plenty of upgrades and racing parts.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I know exactly what you mean -- my girlfriend has a 2003 Acura RSX and I've become a big fan, not just because of the performance and looks, but also because of the long list of standard features for the price. Once I found out how much I would be paying for insurance on any kind of RSX, though, I started looking for other options. I had basically decided on the 2004 Honda Accord Coupe V6...that is, until the Scion tC came out.

The tC compares favorably (actually, blows out of the water) both the RSX (yes, even the Type S) and the Accord V6 Coupe, when you take into account performance, price, and options. I read something from Car & Driver recently (pretty sure it was C&D -- I've been reading so much about the tC lately -- but it could have been Motor Trend) that stated that despite the fact that Honda quotes the RSX (stock 160-hp) as having a 0-60 in the 7's, they (C&D) tested the RSX Type-S (stock 200-hp) and were only able to get 7.3 seconds on the 0-60 and mid 15's on the quarter mile.

Now, I just wish I knew something about installing performance upgrades for after I get my tC.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by tripeclipse@Jul 19 2004, 12:32 PM
Man does anyone else wish that the tC was Rear Wheel Drive?
Not when it's raining, I won't.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts