Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as some of you know, we just spent a good amount of money on a custom paint job, cf hood, rims, custom lips, tyc tails etc on the car this past summer. Got it just where we wanted it, and then this happened.

She had driven it no problems in much more snow than this, I think the underlying black ice had everything to do with it personally.

Mrs was driving to work, it had started snowing about an hour before, and the temperature was dropping fast with a cold front we had move in. As the first bit hit the ground it started melting/freezing and created a nice build of ice, then as the temp kept dropping it started building up a snowy slush on top of that ice. My fiance was driving to work, doing about 30 in a 55mph highway, pacing traffic. The rear of the car spun around and she ended up in the other lane, facing an elderly woman coming at her, who then hit her head on, and pushed the rear into the jersey barrier.

She is ok which first and foremost is the only thing that essentially matters.

The car took a good hit though. Still waiting on insurance company to come out and look at it. They said today or tomorrow.

The rear is missing half the bumper, one of the TYC tail lights on the passenger side got smashed to hell, the rear quarter buckeled, the hatch is noticeably off, the hood is ok, but is not sitting correctly, the fenders seem to have moved, front bumper is shredded, no idea on underlying damage in any of those areas. And she said the car tracks funny.

Will try and get more pictures today, its just 9* out right now and kinda chilly.... lol.

But we are trying to look for a PASSENGER tail light. Are these the 2.0s?

here is a picture of the drivers side tail light for reference so I know 100% what model to look for

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
806 Posts
That looks to me like a bent frame...not good sorry to say. Glad to hear your lady is okay. Those are not RS2, just basic TYC. The buckle and that alignment problem with the hatch and hood are 99% due to the bent frame, which is hard as fuq to fix (very improbable). But do let us know what insurance says, you might get lucky enough to get a used/new tC, maybe even some extra cash for another paint job. Hopes up for ya man.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it doesn't look good. :( we just had the antenna shaved and the custom paint too :/ not to mention everything else bolt on.... Sigh, we will find out tomorrow. Insurance guy said it couldn't be driven, its towed to our buddies shop for another look

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that's all that matters to me is that she walked away. We find out today if its totalled or not.

If so, she has a white 06 tc lined up to buy with 80k. Already lowered, system etc. She will have it by the end of the week, and take those parts off and sell them as the weather allows, and put her stuff on and then into the body shop for a few surprises.

Also, still looking for tycs!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its official. Yesterday got the call that shes totalled.

Loaded up the rental with boxes of stock parts

and began

towards the end of the day ( car had to be back at the body shop by 5, and started at 1230 )

got most everything off, lots of stuff not pictured because it was windy.

Would have had the suspension done, but broke a set of spring compressors, bought another set, one side slipped off and spring almost went flying ( returned that set ) and rented a third set which we will probably keep. Real good quality. But all that running around we only ended up getting one corner done. but once we get the other rear taken care of, the front will only be an hour tops and she'll be back on stock suspension.

parts swapped back to stock are
08 headlights with hids back to 07 units
trd exhaust
trd intake
trd swaybar
cf engine cover
cf radiator cover
dvd headunit
subwoofers box and amp ( still need to pull wiring )
vrd grills
meng foglights

still need to do twm shifter and shifter bushings
swap hood to stock one
finish pulling speaker wires
finish other 3 corners of suspension
pull of cf spoiler if possible

gets picked up for the junkyard monday. If anyones looking for a good 60k motor and trans. Ran mint, oil changed every 3k. Thats the part im going to hate to see go, let alone the custom painted shell with shaved antenna and liscense plate holes

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bone stock and very clean motor etc. Ran good, drove good. Low as Hell. Hope to be taking it home by this time next week

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She is exited to pick it up this week. Finished pulling everything off the bcp shell. Sad to see her all stock again. Did a bunch of burnouts in her before leaving. But all we lost in the accident was one tyc tail, and the carbonfiber lip spoiler which was urethaned to the car. Saw the paint today for the new car in person. Going to be nuts! Modding and paint once it gets warmer though

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
new paint will be added with a slight pink hue, and again another shaved antenna, and liscene plate holes in the front. should round out body work since this thing is mint unlike the last one which needed a two month make over to get right.

I have more pictures to upload, and coinsidentally I drove past the body shop today ( 40 minutes from our condo ) to take pictures of my own car at the beach in the snow and they were loading it up. Talked to the driver, it went to Massachusettes for auction in Taunton if anyone is in that area and wants to check it out personally.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts