Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so my friend is always braggin about his v8 Ford thunderbird smokeing everyone, and he always says how he can beat me; and my argument is always that I could beat him off the line for sure. So we decide to race, one race from a rolling 40 mph. (Keep in mind that he has a v8 so from a rolling race he has the ultimate advantage.)

Well i was debating on weather to drop to second or third, but after 3 honks my instinc just drops to third, and I jump a car length ahead, he pulls up slowly so i step on it harder, redline shift to 4th, and im inching ahead inching and inching and inching, im goin about 100 and i finally let off, he lets off too im still ahead and hear comes a police squad car comging from the other direction so we hit the brakes! I throw it into 5tha nd cruise at about 60 mph, still 20 mph over the speed limit hopeing the cop doesnt notice me. We finally get stopped at a light.

So yeah im goin nuts screamin at my buddy " I win BIAAAAAATCH!" then i say : oh #### the cop is turning aroudn so he gets all freaked out then i'm like, " Justk idding! Hahahah " then hes like ass lets go, so light turns green I don't even launch and i smoke him, then up comes my house so throw on the hazzards then turn in. Yaay I win..what an idiot.

Anyway thats my little racing story for tonight. Also my other buddy has an Ion redline and we were messin aroudnot he streets, we kinda jsut peeled out a bunch of times, not really racing though. Anyway yeah.. that v8 thunderbird either really sucks or my buddy can't drive like he claims.

·
Registered
539 Posts
lol only 40 mph and u put it in 3rd???...must not know the car yet...I drop everygear perfectly if I were to race...40 mph can go to 2nd and it redlines at 52-53 mph...I dont use the stinking RPM meter in this tC to race either since its so hard to see...I use the speedometer...1st-30, 2nd-53, 3rd-80, 4th-112, 5th-127 governed....dont need rpm tach...also youre lucky the thunderbird wasnt the SC version, Ive been smoked by one b4...really far also...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iknew that 2nd could handle 40-50 it's just i was in the heat of battle and just droppped to 3rd because it seeme dlike he already took off, and I had to get it into gear faster. I dropped it into 2nd going about 45 once and wow was that a boost for me ..lol felt good, also kind of scared me. yeah anywya 3rd gear did the job fine..lol i ewnt all the way to about 6k before i shifted to 4th. I need to learn how to launch better tho, still chirpin them tires.. (stock still) but yeah..I'll get it. got any tips
?

·
Registered
539 Posts
well tires are always gonna chirp with the tC...I can launch the tC with stock tires nearly perfect and the tires always have wheelhop...its for the best launch though...chirping a little up to 15-20 mph is a fairly decent launch...if you burnout thats a whole different story, and if the car boggs off the line you just plain suck...hehe...but I always launch my car and it has a lot of wheelhop up to 20 mph sometimes so its regular

·
Registered
539 Posts
And yes I do dump the clutch when i press on the gas because balancing the cluth only slows me down in races...oh yeah and if you really want nice shifts better start learning how to powershift...I know I do it and it helps me a lot...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Wow...welcome to CBA, you are definitely a member. The first step is admitting you have a problem. See you at the next meeting.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know how to powershift, I don't like fuckin the clutch up, thats why i have the Shortshifter.. What RPM do youlaunch at tho? I used 2.5k that works ok i guess, around 3k just peels out a bit too long..p.s Wheel hop is aBITCH

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
No traction is a biatch. I launch at 4k. Right where the hp starts to get good.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Nov 18 2005, 06:59 AM
Wow...welcome to CBA, you are definitely a member. The first step is admitting you have a problem. See you at the next meeting.
Makes me happy to see that my membership is increasing

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Nov 18 2005, 05:57 PM
On the tC? jeeze what kind of tires do you have? 4k launch on stock yoko's = peel out for days.

·
Registered
542 Posts
he's got 8.5" wide rims with sticky tires on em.
from what i've read stock tires launch alright somewhere around 2100 rpm

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish+Nov 18 2005, 07:10 PM-->QUOTE (Labfish @ Nov 18 2005, 07:10 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Azrael
@Nov 18 2005, 06:59 AM
Wow...welcome to CBA, you are definitely a member.  The first step is admitting you have a problem.  See you at the next meeting.
Makes me happy to see that my membership is increasing
[/b]
hehe yah bro im widcha all the way man...lolz...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by ALaS@Nov 18 2005, 11:53 AM
I know how to powershift, I don't like fuckin the clutch up, thats why i have the Shortshifter.. What RPM do youlaunch at tho? I used 2.5k that works ok i guess, around 3k just peels out a bit too long..p.s Wheel hop is aBITCH
hehe Ive posted for me, i like to launch at like 2300 rpms...no more no less because it either boggs for me or chirps too much...2300 is perfect for me, 2.5k rpms is a lil too much for me...and 4k hell NOO i dont launch there because you'll burn the #### outta your tires instead of launching them

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Nov 18 2005, 05:57 PM
you mean your supra right????...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats what i was sayin.. but guess not, tc's power is generated at about 4k rpm's not sure about supra's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.