Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i talked to a dealer today, because im planning on getting my tC this weekend, i wanted the 05 after the 06 came out, because i was dumb enough to believe that the price would go down. to "make room". psh there is a waiting list for those bad boys! so the price def. isnt going down. ok so anyways, once i realized that, i told him, well i might as well get the 06 then. he said that they are gonna be here in the next shipment! i heard august before, but he says in the next shipment they will be here in san diego...so now, my question to you guys is...is the price on the website, 16,715. the price of the new ones? cuz i remember it saying 16,515 before (after shipping charges), 16,000 without..now if u go to the builder, it says 16,200. so if thats the nwe price, im DEF. getting the new one..someone help me out, thanks

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
the price increase is already in effect on scion.com under the build your own scion section. it reflects a 200 dollar increase for the 06 model tC. the 06's are spreading this allocation, and i expect to see them on my lot in the coming couple weeks, mixed in with the last of the 05's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooh, ok thanks...well damn, for 200 more bucks, i might as well get a newer one. i like the new steering wheel. its gonna be myfirst stick shift car (hints the name) so i'd rather just keep one hand on the wheel and one on the knob till i get more comfy in the car. damn im excited

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i did notice that there is an option for the ipod thing, it cost 260 more...but what im confused about is...2 things. where it docks with the ipod, besides the ipod and the steering wheel, what else is different about the radio, cuz it seems like, to get the IPOD it cost 260, but without that upgrade, u can still hook up an mp3 player or somethin, i dunno. im confused. lol but i do know for sure that the ipod upgrade will cost $260 more

·
Registered
339 Posts
i think with the ipod upgrade you can hook up the ipod and use the steering wheel controls to change songs on the ipod, and it the song title info is displayed on the factory radio + with the ipod upgrade you just get the use of the ipod i belive.

on the stock 06 radio there is a universal hookup for mp3 player.

the ipod is probably hooked up in the glovebox or something, i have no clue on where exactly.

i cant wait for my 06 tc, im getting a flint mica..you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not sure yet, im either getting a flint mica, or a bsp most likely. im so torn between all the colors almost! lol...im going tommorow and gonna put my order in, so i can get it fresh off the truck! i cant waitttt..only complication im having right now is im only 16, and my mom is trying to not let me get a stickshift, cuz we both dont know how to drive it, but i wanna learn how to drive it in that car, it seems funner, and iwant that car to be fun. its my first brand new car, and only my second car at all...so wish me luck guys..plus, she doesnt know this, but i want the lip kit, so thats an extra 1k, so i need to shave the expenses somewhere, and 800 bucks is just a little cut, but it'll work!

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
yea, im only 17, i learned when i was 15, its not that hard to learn how to drive stick. but i think i would agree with your mom on this one, if you want to learn, you should get a used car first, IMHO.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
we havent been able to confirm the location of the ipod once it is wired. as soon as i see the install for it, i will pass on the info. the upgrade is 260 as stated above. still working out the details on how it all comes together. if anyone gets solid info before me, please post it.

we wired wolo's ipod through the center console and into the top console tray. seems like a logical spot for it. if not, perhaps they are wiring it to the glovebox, with the ipod then sitting in the little cubby on the left of the gbox. those are the two best places i can think of.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was at the dealer like 3 days ago , I told him the '06 is coming out, he went on a website they look at for updates and i saw a pic of the ipod hooked up right where the cup holders are seems like there is a spot for it and the cup holders are behind it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
thats cool if there is a set spot for it

i learned stick on a couple couple cars on my own and trust me u dont want to be burning out the clutch of a brand new tc

stick is the best, im 19 now and i have driven it for my last two cars

if i were you i would find someone nice enough to let you learn stick on there car, dont go practicing on your new tc that needs to be broken in right if u want it around for a long time

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yep learn on some old car. I did learn on 92 Opel Vectra 1.7 disel.
It was so much fun. That thing was so slow, but ones you get up to speed it felt like you are flying.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anyone want to see picks of mine (06)? Yes steering wheel control can control Ipod. Yes it has an AUX input to the radio also.

·
Registered
49 Posts
They actually list "full tank of gas" under standar equipment on the windo sticker. I though the dealer was being nice and did it for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.