Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so don't get me wrong, i love my car. But as i was driving yesterday with the music off and my windows up I heard it..............It was the sound of that ####ing hatch rattle
So apparently, toyota hasn't gotten around to fixing that problem, even in the 06' models.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yup I have the 06 as well. And its getting bad. I always thought it was just people on forums who were way to picky. Now I know why they complain. I am going to have it taken care of when I get my first oil change next week.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I still think that it's just a bunch of people being far too picky. I would love to hear one of these super-loud rattles in person...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jan 14 2006, 08:55 AM
I still think that it's just a bunch of people being far too picky. I would love to hear one of these super-loud rattles in person...
I totally agreed with you about 2 months ago. I thought people were whining and needed to realize it was a scion, not a lexus.

But then it started and I dealt with it, now with the colder temps it is getting MUCH worse.

·
Registered
895 Posts
My Tc has not made any noises yet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
too picky? We're not talking about a couple of people with an occasional click. Apparently most of the tC owner on the forum are 'too picky' because it's gotta be one of the most discussed topics. The tech at the dealership was picky too because it drove him crazy when he checked it out.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I am very picky, when it comes to my TC.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by JFBP4991@Jan 14 2006, 08:42 AM
well it has happened so much that i think the ppl at the dealership can fix it in their sleep by now.
Sorry to hear about your problem. Good luck with getting it fixed.
Except that the problem is bad welds and there is nothing the dealership can do about that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had my 06 less than a week before I heard the beloved rattle. I too am going to wait for the oil change before I have it fixed. If my moonroof starts to make noises, i'll be really upset.

It's not a Lexus, but a $17,000 car should not rattle! Especially a Toyota. My 03 Matrix still has no rattles, 45,000 miles later, and it also has a hatch!

·
Registered
895 Posts
No new cars should rattle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The problem can be fixed with some well placed foam. There are DIY's out there. I just will not take it apart myself, when its their job to do it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have never had this problem, and I am at 18,000 miles. But I don't doubt others have.

The only thing I hear a bit is some popping in the upper part of the car when I make a turn up an incline, but with the great expanse of glass roof, I am not surprised or disappointed. It's nothing to put up with

·
Registered
71 Posts
the popping is probably the sunroof. I dont have the popping. just the hatch noises

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
After awhile the popping stops and you just hear chassis flex at the tie down points. It's not as annoying but it is pretty audible.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.