Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide between the 06 Mustang Coupe or the 06 TC. Im stuck on the power of the two cars. My main reason i'm leaning toward the V-6 mustang is 240 TORQUE and 210 HP compared to a 163 TORQUE and 160HP. Also if i got the TC the most i would put on it performance wise is an exhaust, so i'm not planning on supercharging it. I know most people are going to say get a TC, because after all this is a TC forum, but which car overall is the better package...please point out Pro's and Con's. THANKS!!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The latest Mustangs are competent cars. What is important to you? Sounds like something to do with power (torque comparisons are pointless). If you don't care about resale value, reliability, or longevity, get the Mustang. If those other things are important, get the tC.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I've read reviews... They said the Interior of the new mustangs is lacking. For the price, I felt the tC was the best.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
for our retarded dogs? or fight our rice dogs? I'm bad with acronyms :\

freedom our right? damn.

For others rather die eh I give up.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Gotta love the senseless Ford bashing....

Anyways, I remember reading how the new Mustang has one of the lowest PP100 vehicles or something for domestics, making it quite reliable and comparable to the Japanese...

But for my personal preference, I'd get the tC. If I had to get the mustang, it just gotta be the V8....no less.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Every car has its fanboi crowd. I agree, senseless.

My only problem with Ford is personal knowledge of them. If they've really changed, it would be a marvel, but I have my doubts. It is encouraging to hear their quality is improving. Unfortunately for me, I've been under the hood of a few more Fords than I care to be for various reasons. I'm still convinced our best and brightest engineers aren't working in Detroit. Domestics would be the marvels of the world if they were.

And again, if hp is the real question, you have no choice except the Mustang.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
yeah totally agree with the fanboy/ignorance being senseless. i say drive them both and figure your priority. ive heard and seen good things with the new mustang, and have owned three, granted two of them were vintage. i personally would steer away from the v-6 unless you want the look without the insurance hit. there is a HUGE aftermarket already for these cars as well. its a matter of personal taste, and im sure someone could help if you had specific questions.

-sidenote- is it me lance, or do fords always need some special tool for every job on those things? (not that im mr.goodwrench, just seen it on many occasion)

·
Registered
71 Posts
i had an black 05 GT mustang for like a year.. but i got a few speeding tickets and my dad sold it.. so now i have a tC.. their two different classes i think..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Actually I've seen more old people driving Tc's then younger....As for mustangs...every day I see 50 or so on the road...tc's come in at a distant last with maybe 3 showings on the road on good days.,...

·
Registered
576 Posts
I only see girls driving the tC around here, the subs of chicago, and I'm not complaining. Alot of cute girls...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.