Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by my dealer today because my 06 blue tC has arrived!!!

I am going to pick it up tomorrow, but there is a problem. The Potenza tires that I thought were done on the tC are sitting there an my car. Are they bad enough that I should request my dealer change them? What are the tires that are supposed to have replaced the Potenzas?

Thanks

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
as a dealer myself, i can honestly say that i have seen no official word on the potenzas being replaced, and my 06's have been coming in with them, as well as yokohama's. you would be hard pressed getting a dealer to pay for the swap out. but, if you wanted to cough up the dough, they could order you a set you want. honestly, i havent heard anything so bad about the potenza's that i would demand a tire swap. i mean, it isnt the worlds best tire, and it isnt a performance tire, but it isnt the worst either.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
From early indications the Yokohamas that sometimes show up are not significantly better. Unless you have the money to burn, it is foolish to have a dealer install tires. I would buy the car as-is and then change the tires. You can sell the Potenzas to someone who is a less demanding driver and recover part of the cost of replacing the tires. Or you can do what many of us have done and buy new tires and wheels and sell the OEM stuff again to recoup some of the expense.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
or, you could put your stock rims and tires on your wife's matrix.

well, thats what i did, but i dont know that you have a wife with a matrix.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, my wife has an Explorer

I'm not a demanding driver so i'll just stick with the potenzas

when they wear out, i'll buy some better tires
thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
i thought i was going to crash when i exited the freeway on a rainy day.... TERRIBLE when wet

·
Registered
339 Posts
the bridgestone potenzas are supposed to be great in the wetm well atleast in F1

·
Registered
107 Posts
this is what I did. Went to the dealership, asked if they had 06 or if they knew they were coming in. If told me there not going to be any changes and the 06 will be coming in Sept or Aug, I just left. Ask for the 06 and if they give you the run around just leave.

·
Registered
112 Posts
so it's total bs if they tell me not all dealerships are getting the 06 so soon right? it doesn' t matter where i'm located? i'm in san francisco by the way so they should have it correct?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had to specifically request an 06. They wanted me to buy an 05 but when I started to walk away the 06 suddenly became available.

They are just now arriving at dealers. Mine showed up in Ohio only yesterday.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 06 came with Potenzas. When I ordered, I asked what tires were coming on it and they didn't know. The salesman said that pulling the cars out of the shipping crates was like pulling the prize out of a cracker jack box. You never know what you were going to get (talking about the tires). I took a hard turn on a newly wet highway loop and I felt very safe. They seem to hold the road pretty well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by tCgal@Jun 21 2005, 11:03 PM
so it's total bs if they tell me not all dealerships are getting the 06 so soon right? it doesn' t matter where i'm located? i'm in san francisco by the way so they should have it correct?
the first dealership i went to told me they weren't getting any. whern i told them i was leaving if they couldn't get me an 06, they thanked me for coming in and said they were sorry to loose my business. i don't think it is bs, i think some dealerships are having a hard time getting the 06. i had to go to a dealership that owned 6 toyota/scion dealerships in the region to get an 06. the dealer told me i was lucky cause there was one flint mica "on the boat" headed to their houston dealership. they just had it re-routed north to them, so i could buy it. they made it seem like it was a big hassle for them, and that they came through big for me. i am sure there was some dramatics added to the story, but they did a good job of acting it out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
the last time i went to look at the tC they told me the could get the white (which i wanted at the time) special order from japan to LA and then LA to SF which would take a week, but i'm pretty sure he was talking about the 05 he never said anything about 06 to me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I JUST GOT MY TC FROM THE DEALER THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

after a night of drinking i wake up at 9am because the dealer is calling me (normally i would be a little mad for waking up so early but in this case hell no!) and i go to the dealer and there she is! my brand new 2006 tc in flint mica, the first 2006 that the dealer ever got! WOW this car is amazing and i am so happy

i got the following upgrades:
ipod stereo
hotchis (dunno how to spell it) front strut bar
trd lowering springs (have to make an appointment to install)

yay! i love it, the 5spd manual makes is the best part...

i am going to baby this car until 1000 or more miles so i can go a little faster..well im going to baby it forever!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.