Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i plug something in and then plug it in to the ligther plug i get som interferance... like if i use my laptop to play songs if i dont charge the laptop in the car its cool but the sec i plug it in to the lightter plug i get a funny sound when i press the gas or just let it play anyone know how to fix this??

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Yes, plug into the power port in the center console. It is meant to power things but the lighter is not. I mean, clearly it can but I don't think it is grounded as well so you get the intereference.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Plissken@Feb 11 2006, 08:58 PM
Yes, plug into the power port in the center console. It is meant to power things but the lighter is not. I mean, clearly it can but I don't think it is grounded as well so you get the intereference.
it doesnt matter which one i plug it into is there away i can reground them better? do i ground the plug or aux input.

· Registered
407 Posts
All I can say is good luck. I suppose you could try a ground-loop isolator but I doubt it will work. You probably notice noise when your cell checks towers too due to the RF from it. I'm not sure there's much you can do aside from using something with an actual line-out as opposed to a powered headphone jack.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
you gotta remember - the AUX jack is right NEXT to the power jack.... when it's so close together like that and both are in use, you're gonna get signal noise.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by krdshrk@Feb 12 2006, 08:28 AM
you gotta remember - the AUX jack is right NEXT to the power jack.... when it's so close together like that and both are in use, you're gonna get signal noise.
right but even if i use the other one.. its kind of dumb to have the aux port if you cant use it with anything that needs to be charged.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by XLR8TOR@Feb 12 2006, 01:28 PM
I heard the noise using my satellite radio (PnP), even though I wasn't using the console power point. I installed a ground loop isolator from Radio Snack today, we'll see how it works tomorrow.
cool let me know how it works

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by WTC_81+Feb 12 2006, 01:48 PM-->QUOTE (WTC_81 @ Feb 12 2006, 01:48 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-XLR8TOR
@Feb 12 2006, 01:28 PM
I heard the noise using my satellite radio (PnP), even though I wasn't using the console power point. I installed a ground loop isolator from Radio Snack today, we'll see how it works tomorrow.
cool let me know how it works [/b]
Well I guess i couldnt wait for your answer but i went ahead and got the ground loop thingy and it seems to work great.. thanks for the advice.

· Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by WTC_81+Feb 12 2006, 03:42 PM-->QUOTE (WTC_81 @ Feb 12 2006, 03:42 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 12 2006, 01:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-XLR8TOR
@Feb 12 2006, 01:28 PM

cool let me know how it works
Well I guess i couldnt wait for your answer but i went ahead and got the ground loop thingy and it seems to work great.. thanks for the advice. [/b]
Yeah, it works, but takes up too much space in the console

· Registered
5,861 Posts
I use my AUX input with my Ipod and charge my cell phone at the same time..i hear no noises. Theonly time i hear noises is if I put it on mute and go in reverse..I get some weird buzzing..but that is about it..lol

· Registered
233 Posts
Your problem is most-likely a ground-loop caused by the difference in potential between the radio ground and the cig lighter ground. If you adddress the issue, the noise will probably go away. Connecting the ground wire of the cig lighter to the radio ground wire with another wire is the easiest way.

· Registered
1 Posts
I think you all have to take into consideration of the fact that the car is drive-by-wire. That may also play a role as to why you hear the noise. I'm not sayin that's the case, but it can be something to think about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.