Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you think the Mazda3 S touring model would hold up to a TC? I know they both are almost identical in horsepower, but I am not a person who knows too much about their gearing or weight differences. Im talking about the five speed sport automatic vs. TC's four speed automatic.

Also I dont get Mazda's description of their "seperate shift gate, that allows quick, smooth manual shifting" -- are they talking about a streptronic (sp?) shifting mechanism?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Originally posted by sciontc1990@Jan 29 2006, 06:44 PM
Also I dont get Mazda's description of their "seperate shift gate, that allows quick, smooth manual shifting" -- are they talking about a streptronic (sp?) shifting mechanism?
No, I am almost certain that it is just a standard manual gearbox.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
what else matters if it is automatic? MPG? If i had an automatic thats the only thing that would be to my concern. otherwise get a schtick. :]

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I drove Ford's 5-speed auto mated with 2.3L engine (like Mazda3 S has) for more than a month - it was a Ford Fusion rental. The thing was much much much slower than a tC with 4-speed auto. I don't know what Ford (Mazda) did to the transmission to make it so crappy, but it just did not have the oomph of the tC.

On the other hand - 5-speed auto on a Camry was marvelous. Same goes for a 5-speed auto on a V6 Accord that my buddy has.

Moral of the story: get a stick tC.

Also - why are you comparing a 4-door sedan or 5-door wagon to a 3-door liftback? You either need 4 doors or you don't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.