Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start, let me say how much i LOVE my iPod compatibility with my 06 tC. It's awesome. But here is what I was just trying to do, and it doesn't work

I just bought a dock (from apple) for my iPod mini. I connected the black cord that goes into the armrest into the dock, and then my iPod into the dock. Nothing. No "iPod connected message". So.. I then plug in the aux cable into the line out of the dock. Again, nothing. If i press the aux button on my head unit, I can hear my iPod and listen to songs on it, only if I physically use my iPod to select songs. But no artist/song names, or a GUI appears on the head unit. The only way I've found to use my iPod with a GUI on the HU is to just plug the black cable into my iPod directly. It just sucks b/c my iPod is just dangling from a wire in my armrest. I wanted to give it a permanent place to sit.

Any suggestions, ideas guys?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by serith@Aug 6 2005, 06:21 PM
Any suggestions, ideas guys?
Don't use the dock. It clearly doesn't work and it doesn't surprise me that it doesn't. The dock is not meant to be apass through for anything but connecting to a computer or a mini-stereo jack.

·
Registered
339 Posts
it being in the armrest isnt going to hurt it. there is not much room for it to move in there in the first place

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.