Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read these posts about getting an PIE adapter for the 05 HU to give you two RCA inputs for hooking up satelite/ipod etc. But what is the story with the 06 HU. I just installed my Sirius plug and play and am not happy with the static when using the FM transmitter. I tried plugging a mini plug wire (from Radio Shack) from the Sirius output to my AUX input inside the center console and it sounds much cleaner. Still has that "lack of treble" hollow sound but at least the nasty static is gone. My dilema is I need that AUX for my iPod and was wondering if the back of the stock HU has an input for the AM/Sat button on the stock HU. I want to hook the sirius unit up through an AUX input, but need the center console one for my ipod, does anyone know what my options are. If this has already been answered I apoligize but I've spent the past hour or so going through all 38 pages of posts and only see info on the 05 model.

Thanks!

· Registered
664 Posts
EDIT: okay nevermind what i said before.. i was talking about static, and you're talking the fact that it's cleaner now through the AUX input but still hollow..

yeah i agree that sometimes because of the bandwidth constraints with satellite, some channels don't get the whole bandwidth and they lower it.. sort of like what they do with the internet streaming audio..

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still wondering if anyone knows if there is another AUX input on the back of the 06 HU. Maybe one for the button on front that says AM/SAT. I need the AUX in the armrest for my iPod, so I'm in need of another way connect my sirius receiver to my HU to avoid the static I get using the FM transmitter.

· Registered
15 Posts
If your sat radio has an FM out, get a wired FM relay. It acts as a go-between between the sat radio and the standard FM radio, therefore blocking out whatever frequency you are using for the sat radio.

· Registered
15 Posts
Just curious, what is wrong with the wired fm relay? I haven't installed mine yet, and I was going to this weekend, but I may not if it is bad.

· Registered
44 Posts
the fm modulators' i have owned, both wired and wireless, have comparatively poor sound quality, usually add interfere to previously good radio reception, and can be costly. the delphi audio adapter is ~50.00. you can get a y-adapter for a few dollar. my $.02

· Registered
872 Posts
My Sirius Radio also sounds like ####. What is a y-adaptor?

· Registered
872 Posts
I love technology!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.