Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 Honda Civic Specs

What does all that mean? I just bought a Scion tc (2 hours ago! its here in 5 days!) so i hope that the civic won't completly kick it's butt.

Btw: I posted this in scion talk and not the other car section, because will probobly be the scion tc's biggest competetor in the future

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
With compression @ 10.5-1 it might require premium gas....aslo the civic is still lacking in it most needed area, torque, i think it will be quicker than the last model, but 13 hp will not push it to beat the tC. Have no fear!!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by EddieMoney@Jul 28 2005, 05:40 PM
With compression @ 10.5-1 it might require premium gas....aslo the civic is still lacking in it most needed area, torque, i think it will be quicker than the last model, but 13 hp will not push it to beat the tC. Have no fear!!
I doubt it. 10.5:1 in an efficient four valve configuration can run on regular. You just need to hold production tolerances for squish a bit tighter. If you get the squish right, you'd be amazed at how high a static compression ratio will tolerate 87 unleaded.

You should also take a peek at the "Got Torque? Who cares?" thread. Engine torque by itself is meaningless. It's all about torque at the wheel.

As I said before, I've seen diesels with 600 ft-lbs of torque. Why do I beat them off the line with less than half of that? They redline at 3000 rpm, and I have gearing to exceed the torque they are getting to the wheel.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
hope u didnt buy the car hoping its going to kick everyone's butt. it's a sweet ass car and i swear by it, but it has been said many times "there is always something faster than you" (unless u decide to buy a space shuttle or x-wing) love your car, and dont sweat if someone else is getting a faster car.

thanks for the info lance. i dont think many people look at performance from your real world perspective.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
"Overall, the new engine delivers a high level of performance with maximum output of 140 horsepower and maximum torque2 of 128 lb-ft"

Stock, I still think our tC's will outperform the civic. The new SI though....that may be a different story, we'll just have to wait and see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.