Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The search wasn't working so I apologize if this has already been answered. But I was wondering if anyone knows what model number for the pioneer head unit on the 06 is. Or has any specs on the unit. Im just trying to do a little research and see if I should upgrade the whole unit or just get a sweet amp. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The stock head unit is decent. It's 40x4 in the power category. Sounds better if you change the car type to xA (or xB if you like how that sounds). I did switch in my Pioneer Premier Deh-p740mp a couple weeks ago (3 year old head unit) and it sounds much better than the stock. Mainly because the stock only gives you bass and treble adjustments...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Play with the Car type and SSP settings. I dropped in a couple-year-old Blaupunkt HU to hold until I get my carPC stuff, and I don't like the way it sounds compared to the stock unit. That'll change when I replace the speakers and pick up a 4-channel amp, but, if you're going to replace the stock HU, you might want to seriously consider replacing at least the speakers too, if not adding more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.