Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wen to my dealer to push for a delivery date and what do you know, there are two automatic 06s on the lot. I noticed the wheel controls are very simple but hey, they'll do the trick. I wasnt able to check out how they work because the hu were not in yet. I kept probing the car like a 1950 Sci Fi movie would to a recently crashed alien. I noticed the aux input for the hu is inside the armrest. Visually I guess is ok, but practically I dunno. Think about it, I usually put cds and stuff like that there, with that wire sticking out, I'm sure is going to obstruct the path. Also, I'm not sure if the 05s have it, but this 06 had like a harness kit to strap down cargo. I found it on the glove box. Then i checked the back, it has an extra shiny hook, I guess for those straps. I didnt see the first aid kit, does the dealer hand that to you? Finally, the hu door seems to open and close ok. I distinctively remember having problems putting it down when I test drove the 05. What do you guys think? BTW, is there anyone from Norther Jersey (Morristown, Madison, Florham Park, Jersey City, Newark)

"I'm holding strong for my 06 flint mica stick with airbags" I need the strength to not purchase an 05 or an 06 auto!!!

Oh and my dealer told me that the 06 sticks are being shipped after the autos, does that make any sense? Is there a poll to see who bought auto's vs. stick? Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey still motion, when did you order yours? I placed the order June 10th. Well my dealer told me that his allocation comes in through the Elizabeth Seaport, literally 10 minutes from my house (35 mins from the dealer). So my dream may come through after all, "July 4th, Fireworks, tC's moonroof, hot girl." Oh and I already ordered, I mean got the girl.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Nice choice, i ordered my 5 speed Flint Mica 2006 just a week ago. It hit the coast on the 13th and is currently going through customs. I was informed it should be here around the last week of the month. I would suggest finding a different dealership that doesn't make excuses.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're right Eddie, but I also have to take into consideration the airbag. I know getting an 06, flint mica, stick, with airbags is not the most popular configuration shipped. I'm guessing I dont know the actual percentage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you guys think there should be like a tracking system for our cars? Like when you place an order, dont you think you should be given a tracking number and a website? That's better than bugging the dealer every day for an update.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, I do think ther should be but hey, as long as the prie stays the same... I don't mind. I put $500 down on my order 2 weeks ago and I was told that it would be in my hands on the 27th. we will see....

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Cmorales6@Jun 20 2005, 09:58 AM
Do you guys think there should be like a tracking system for our cars? Like when you place an order, dont you think you should be given a tracking number and a website? That's better than bugging the dealer every day for an update.
I agree with you that it would be nice to have that kind of tracking system available to us, but I seem to remember Damon or his cohort telling that the allocation and delivery processes just don't allow that kind of precision. Oh well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had mine for 2 weeks now

·
Registered
339 Posts
im getting my 06 flint mica (5spd) probably around the end of this week, just like you all. last i heard they were in new york and mine was getting the radio and sway bar installed, once done it will be sent to the dealer to install the springs. cant wait

we all with have our cars around the same time!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
greg091, let the Scion gods hear you. I sit here at work (i work for a wall street firm) and just think about my scion/go on these forums in search of strength to go on. Then i read other people's posts stating that they have recently ordered their cars and they got it. I feel happy for them but what about me???? What about the feeling I get of desperation and need to drive??? How can I cease feelings of hatred and wanted to punch my co-workers in the face when they ask me if I've already sent them an e-mail? YEAH YOU GOT THE FILE, BUT I DONT HAVE MY CAR!!! All I need is my tC and my psycho ways will be of the past. Sorry, I needed to vent a little.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.