Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pin this if you want, eric. wouldnt hurt my feelings at all.

for all those who are wondering about the 06 audio stuff. these are the solid facts.

1. the head unit has been completely redesigned.
2. the volume control is a knob in the center of the deck.
3. the steering wheel controls are new.
4. the 6 disc changer is not stock. nor is it an upgrade. it is gone.
5. the stock system has a 1/8 jack in the center console to accomodate anything you can plug into it. the 2nd power point is retained.
6. the upgrade changes the deck out to one with iPod capability.
7. the plug is added to the center console next to the aux jack.
8. you can control your iPod from the deck.
9. you cannot control your iPod from the steering wheel, with the exception of selecting it as the input via the mode button on the wheel next to the volume controls or skipping a track.
10. if your 06 tC came with a deck that has volume buttons, take the car back and tell them to quit being stupid, install the right deck.
11. the addition of ASL is kinda cool. auto adjusts your volume to meet with ambient noise increasing. 4 settings - low/mid/hi/off

that about does it. any more questions?

·
Registered
109 Posts
can i get fries too?

thanks for the clarification, you might as well add the mp3 reading capabilities of the cd player

FYI:: Here is a pic of the stock deck and the Ipod deck off the scion site:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally, solid information on the capabilities of the iPod unit!

Please confirm - you can / cannot skip to the next song on the iPod using the steering wheel controls?

Your post indicates it cannot be done from the steering wheel, but other posts (which I thought was from iPod unit owners) indicated you could.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Worth taking a look at Ipod Car Controller. Piggybacks onto your factory wiring harness, allowing you to supposedly control the ipod directly from the radio or steering wheel controls on any vehicle, with the proper wiring adapter. $190 on this website, I would hope theyd be telling the truth! Also there are a few neat cupholder mounts on that website too. When my car comes in august, I will probably buy one and do a review for you all
Anyone else, feel free to do so ahead of time!

·
Registered
339 Posts
thats not true, i can skip to the next song on the ipod using the steering wheel controls

and how does the asl really work? i have yet to figure it out...

·
Registered
10 Posts
and I'll second greg091, you absolutely can move to the beginning/previous/next track from the steering wheel controls. For Playlist/Artist/Album navigation, though, ya gotta use the dash jog-dial...which, in most respects, duplicates the functioning of the clickwheel pretty darned well.

The integration is really really well done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
the picture shows the display with a blue glow.

i don't think mine glows blue....

btw, i was one of those volume buttons chumps. my dealer fixed me up

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the picture is misleading. the iPod deck has the color changing capabilities, like the old 6 disc did. the stock deck still lights amber.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.