Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my friend just got his license... and you know how it is when you get your license, you want to rece wverything you see...I mean everything. So anyways he asks me if I want to race while we are driving at about 20 mph. I get on it quick. I pass him by maybe a 1/4 of a car length and I stay there until about 60 mph. Then he catches up and gets side by side and starts to pull away from me and thats where my wife is hitting me so hard to slow down that i have to let go of the gas at about 75 mph. But I got to admit that it was a good run

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Nice. A 3.5L V6 vs. I4 2.4L and that close

When I got my license I was sitting in the left lane scared like a kitten in the Maytag dryer... Racing people did not even occur to me till like 3 years later. But I got my license when I was 24 - I guess it's different.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by otnieltc@Nov 4 2004, 03:25 PM
it was a 3.5... 04 maxima only has 3.5
That's what I said, isn't it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I dont know guys, my mom has a 2000 Maxima, and the thing is FAST, im pretty sure it would beat the tc off the line, and starting from any speed reguardless, ive had it up to 135 ish, shhhhh dont tell her!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Maximas are fast, but, uh, they are not invincible......

I used to do a lot of competition shooting, and despite some excellent equipment, I would lose. They attribute this to the "nut behind the but." Same could be said for the driver.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Nov 4 2004, 11:22 AM
Nice. A 3.5L V6 vs. I4 2.4L and that close
Haha yeah right, sounds like he punched it before the kid in the Maxima did. Auto 04 Max's run mid-high 14's in the 1/4 stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by otnieltc@Nov 4 2004, 11:15 AM
Well my friend just got his license... and you know how it is when you get your license, you want to rece wverything you see...I mean everything. So anyways he asks me if I want to race while we are driving at about 20 mph. I get on it quick. I pass him by maybe a 1/4 of a car length and I stay there until about 60 mph. Then he catches up and gets side by side and starts to pull away from me and thats where my wife is hitting me so hard to slow down that i have to let go of the gas at about 75 mph. But I got to admit that it was a good run
I've always heard that a good driver adds about 100 hp....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts