Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am headed from one of my jobs today to the next, following my dad in his work van... Anyways, we are on Route I-270 headed East, and headed back towards my home, although we have one more carpet cleaning job left which is close to my home... Anyways, I notice as I am doing exactly 65 MPH a decked out Honda Prelude flying up the left lane and then change lanes without a signal... Now I am not going to lie to you all, I have a Traumatic Brain Injury that I got last year from a motorcycle injury, and I am very aggressive, and impulsive... Anyways, my biggest pet peeve is not signaling... I basically say in my mind "thats it buddy, til death do us part" basically meaning "i'm gonna kill that bastard"... He then pulls back into the left lane (not signaling again) and I look over and its 2 teenagers probably around 18 (seniors in high school)... They point forward and they rev their engine... They had a nice exhaust which was pretty loud, and it had a body kit, and it sounded like maybe it had a few other goodies... Anyways, I hop into the right lane (its a 4 lane wide freeway and I was in the lane beside the far left lane) and floor it... At first we are pretty equal and then I start to pull a little ahead... Around 100 (I think) though, he then starts to pull ahead, but not by much (5 feet or so)... Then I just stay on the gas cause I have an automatic tranny... It did pretty well I must say, allowing it to rev high in each gear, and not short shift anywhere... Anyways, I then end up passing him around 110-115ish and keep it floored all the way til my 127 or 128 governor (I don't know the exact but it did it, and makes a funny "I lost my gas supply" noise). It was pretty fun I must say but I think this guy should have won, I just wonder if he got off the gas or something out of fear of tickets... It was kinda insane knowing that 270 is a big route and today was the OSU Michigan game, and they patrol for drunks extra on that day every year... Plus, I have like 8 points or something on my license already so it would have been a goner for like 3 years if I had gotten caught, plus whatever crazy stuff they do to people going that fast on the freeway/public roads...

·
Registered
370 Posts
No offense to any tC owners but newer preludes have more power and should've won in a high speed test like this so congrats. Through your descrpition I'm guessig it's one of the newer generations. It's 160hp(tC) vs 200hp(Prelude).

·
Registered
539 Posts
if it were a prelude97-01 or 92-96 si Vtec H22 then highway you wouldve been PWNED by like 5 million cars....unless they were autos then you wouldve lost by only 3 million cars....I own a 06 tC totally stock (manual, and perfect driver) and I can not keep up with 97-01 preludes at all on the highway....once their Vtec hits theyre gona...and my short gears suck....

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by kidazn719@Nov 19 2005, 07:15 PM
No offense to any tC owners but newer preludes have more power and should've won in a high speed test like this so congrats. Through your descrpition I'm guessig it's one of the newer generations. It's 160hp(tC) vs 200hp(Prelude).
i think my test drive of the last gen manual SH prelude has to be one of my favorites ever. we had the salesman white knuckled the whole time. those things are sick. one of the reasons i like the progress i have made on my tC so much. it drives much like that freakin prelude did. i just had to spend a bunch of money to get there. then again, the car was going for 24K in washington at the time. and thats about what my tC has cost me so far. and i think i can best one now.

nice kill. always good to snag a victory from someone you shouldnt. especially if the driver punked out. good to know your car can beat something, but even nicer to know you are willing to out drive for the victory.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So yeah, it was pretty kick ass I must say, although I truly think he should have won... I will say this, there was just me in the car, and he had two other guys with him... When your dealing with 4 bangers like we both were, weight has a lot to do with it... I am not what I consider a thin guy, but then again I had an eating disorder for 4.5 years... I weight about 180, but all of the guys were at least my size in the car, and so I def. had the weight advantage. It was for sure one of the latest model preludes... I dont know what year they stopped producing them, but I was guessing it was like an '01 or something close... It was sharp! Also, yeah, I just sold my R6 back in August, and there would have been no trying to beat this guy... I used to own a Honda SuperHawk, and both of the sport bikes that I have owned could beat anything street legal on the road! It was pretty sweet cause u had that invincible feeling until u smelled bacon and saw what looked like the village people behind u; disco lights and all (cops)... Anyways, it was fun, but what can I do to eliminate that governor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.