Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work this morning, there is a two lane road that leads to an onramp. There was this late model impala ls 3800 v-6 200hp comes up from behind me and gets next to me at the light. Light turns green, I instantly have him, after about 1/4 mile, I have him by about 1 whole car length, very easy and with an auto. Sadly enough, this is what they are using for cop cars nowadays, this makes a tc quicker than most cop cars used(as my friends' 04 crown vic already got smoked by the tc)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
cop cars are quick... i should know.. i've ridden in one

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yeah, but they don't have good top speed. Not all that long ago I was pulling away hard from CHP cruiser at only 135.

I didn't even know they were chasing me until I pulled off the freeway to go to my house.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cop cars aren't supercharged, and the impala police package equipped car doesn't use a crate motor. In fact the impala police car when tested by car and driver was in the mid to upper 8 second range 0-60, 1/4 mile in the mid 16's. The Crown Victoria police cars use the same 4.6 with dual exhaust setup gets about 239 hp, and there are other major differences between stock crown vics but not in regards to the engine.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The Lamborghini will also be used to transport human organs for emergency operations.[/b]
Haha, that's awsome.

What happened to you Lobux? They ticket you?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yeah, but they didn't have a clock on me. I stopped and waited for them when I saw them rounding the corner with all four sliding behind me. I didn't want them endangering the public like that.

FWIW, it was 3 am, I was freezing cold on my bike and I just wanted to get home. The freeway was 6 lanes wide and completely empty, but I could just see them doing something stupid, wrecking their car, and blaming me. I took the ticket for 85 in a 65 and paid it with a guilty plea.

Yeah Marty, when I'm dead guilty I fess up and pay.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah, but they didn't have a clock on me. I stopped and waited for them when I saw them rounding the corner with all four sliding behind me. I didn't want them endangering the public like that.

FWIW, it was 3 am, I was freezing cold on my bike and I just wanted to get home. The freeway was 6 lanes wide and completely empty, but I could just see them doing something stupid, wrecking their car, and blaming me. I took the ticket for 85 in a 65 and paid it with a guilty plea.

Yeah Marty, when I'm dead guilty I fess up and pay.[/b]

Wow...the irony in that statement is amazing. YOU slowed down and waited for them because THE COPS might endanger the public just trying to catch you. I love it!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I've actually done that more than once. Cops are typically very poorly trained in driving, and have little or no racing experience, so they are underequipped to deal with high speed driving. Many of them get really pissed off when they have to chase down someone going in excess of 100 mph. I have stopped everytime I've seen an officer behind me while driving over 100, and I've never got a ticket for going over 100. I've also paid those tickets without even a quibble.

It seems stupid to me to chase someone at high speed in the name of public safety. You already have one vehicle that is operating at an "unsafe" speed, why would you add another to the problem and double the chances of something going wrong and an innocent party being hurt or killed? Europeans are much smarter about high speed chases. They let the radios do the high speed work for them, and it actually prevents needless deaths both of the public and the police force.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ya cops can't drive for sh!t. I lose em all the time. I don't drive faster than them to get away (I can't), I just pull into the nearest sidestreet that connects to another major road while pretending to drive normally. Soon as I get around corner...

*POOF*

"Where'd he go?"

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
LOL... i've outrun/out smarted a cop before too... I took a quick turn onto a side street, turned into a dark drive way just a couple houses in, killed the lights and engine and watched him drive by. I stayed there for a few minutes and then left. LOL... thank goodness he didn't find me, I would have been screwed.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The problem in California is the guy will keep on speeding around the neighborhood trying to find you, and invariably will hit someone/something and if they catch you (and more than likely they will in death or injury cases), they hold you personally liable for his stupidity. Worst of all, your insurance doesn't mean crap in a case like that, so you're just screwed no matter what. The ticket is a LOT cheaper alternative. IMHO, the funny thing is, resisting arrest wasn't considered a separate crime until the 20th century. Now it gets heaped on to the pile when they take you to court to beat you into submission.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Pulling into a driveway and killing the lights. Ballsy.

Ya whenever I do get caught fair and square, I bust my sorrowful "I'm so sorry" face out of my wallet, put it on, and it usually softens the financial blow and keeps me out of jail.

Good times.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You guys crack me up. That's why I like hanging out here!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I pulled one of those moves once a year ago, Saw a cop pull out onto the road behind me and knew he was coming after me. There was a semi trying to cross the opposing lanes (mine) to pull into a business, I gunned it just slightly to get by him and as soon as he was halfway through his turn and the cop car waiting for him to complete it, I made a right into a neighborhood and slowed down to the limit and parked in front of some house. Didn't work. Cop came tearing ass around the corner and I, in a moment of genius (because surely I was about to be dragged out and handcuffed, pulled out a map and unfolded that whole f*cker in my lap and sat looking totally lost and scared while the cop came up to my window. I told him I was from out of town (I was) and that I was lost and supposed to meet someone for a church confirmation thing (don't ask, it just came out). It didnt save me a ticket, but it saved me from getting arrested for fleeing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As far as getting tickets goes, here's a little trick that has worked for me--Say I get a ticket for $135, well I pay $139 and when my $4 check comes in the mail from the county, I tear it up and throw it away. According to a friend of mine, they can't process the ticket fully until all accounts are settled, and since I never cash the $4, they don't process it. Benefit: my insurance company thinks I have zero tickets, even though I've got 2 in the past 3 years. Don't know how, don't know why, don't really care so long as my insurance rates don't change. Anyways, works(apparently) in Indiana and for a couple of bucks, its worth it to me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.