User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #981 of 987 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Flyer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage

Fresh pics. It's been over a year since the dip has been on and still holding up well! There are small holes from road debris but that's why I dipped it
Planning to uncover the side mirror turn signals and spray on a rear diffuser by the next update!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #982 of 987 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Flyer

Garage

Updates on the tC
I drove to the shoreline of California to say the car has successfully gone coast to coast! Enjoyed a nice road trip from Pheonix to San Diego, nearly 850 miles around. Much needed new tires & alignment were installed the week before as well as an intake filter replacement. The car really performed well for those long highway hours, I'm glad it was tuned up for the ride.

Long overdue..also replaced the cabin filter for cleaner air

Dunes of Yuma

Car camping with plenty of room for gear in the hatch

La Jolla Beach, CA

Super proud moment a few months back; I was cruising down the highway beside a matte gold Nissan GTR and the driver gave me a thumbs up out the window

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Nickifer; 10-01-2018 at 12:45 AM.
post #983 of 987 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Flyer

Garage

Desert Camo at Sunset

post #984 of 987 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Flyer

Garage

tC is holding up well. I replaced the HID headlights with standard halogens since a bulb burned out- after 7 years of use! Happy to have the old bulbs back in and the headlights more “normal” at night. The PIAA plasma yellow fog lights still add some extra color. Also replaced the shifter LED back to original halogen bulb. Driving down the highway last week I ran over some tire shreds that pushed in my lower grille, breaking the zip ties. Gonna have to remove the bumper and reattach it soon. Thankfully the 'dip has been preventing road rash.

I did some arts ’n crafts and Plastidipped black trim onto the bumper. Pics of the finished product will come after a good wash. The dip is fading on the front and rear so I'm planning to toy around with the look before peeling it all this summer. Thinking of painting the front fascia and side mirrors.

Parked next to some inspiration~

Photoshoot coming soon

post #985 of 987 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Eastie Send a message via Yahoo to Eastie

Looking good, Nick! Nice to see an update!

R.I.P. George (suprman133) <3: 4/26/1988-9/20/2011
post #986 of 987 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Flyer

Garage

Thank you Eastie, it's fun to keep this thread alive!

I recently purchased a DSLR camera and am excited to make my next post with quality photos.

post #987 of 987 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Flyer

Garage

Time for an update !
I have started removing the Plastidip piece by piece. The paint under the 'dip looks just as good as the day it was covered. Looking back on the process, I wish I sprayed another gallon to make the peeling easier- thin dip doesn’t peel so googone will be necessary

Here’s a video of revving the engine for the archives. Filmed it way out in the desert along some nice curvy roads. It was great downshifting into turns, accelerating, and rocketing out the bend to the next - https://youtu.be/LY9QcnzgE-Q

I found a Scion hubcap near the driveway of my apartment and Dremeled off the excess plastic to leave me with a nice Scion "coin"; seen here with a couple catalogs from '08.

Misc. changes: the cabin dome light was replaced with a UV blacklight LED, cabin air filter replaced earlier this fall too. The TBL vinyl is super sun damaged and appears to have shrunk- will be replacing it soon.

Going to be taking pics of the color change process as I go. Looking forward to having the nautical blue metallic back!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page