new toyota/subie - Page 3 - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

They really need to chop the roof down if that's anywhere near the finished project. I know headroom may be an issue, but then lower the seats. The roof looks like a huge bubble on these spy photos. Other than that, if you can imagine a lower roofline, it's actually not half bad in its current state.

Welcher =].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Resident Swagologist

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Deep

if it's going to be marketed as a suby in the United states why on earth would they call it the celica?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Pick your own - you deserve it.

yeah at this point i've heard like 5 stories about this car lol, like it's being put off until 2012

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 SCM tC
35%/20% Tints - Hotchkiss Lowering Springs -Flat Black Stockies - Toyo Proxes - HKS Carbon Ti Muffler - Vibrant Ultra Quiet/Aero25 Resonators - 2.5" Custom Piping - 6000k HID - Nokya Yellow High Beam - Tinted Tail Lights, TBL, Eyelids - Tinted SCION Emblem - Debadged "tC" - Ebay VRD Grille - Flat Black/White Interior -

post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 03:35 PM

The car is still in production, is still going to be released at the same time, and there are no clues on if it will be branded as a Celica or not.

A lot of the "speculation" comes from people ignoring what the president of Toyota has said on the matter.

Official 2008 One Lap of America Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Herbert
A man is a fool not to put everything he has, at any given moment, into what he is creating. You're there now doing the thing. You're not killing the goose, you're just producing an egg. So I don't worry about inspiration, or anything like that. It's a matter of just sitting down and working.
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
The last report about the on again/off again sports car being developed jointly by Toyota and Subaru was that itís on again. Today comes word from LíAutomobile in France that not only is the rear-wheel-drive Toyubaru going to happen, but it will arrive bearing the Celica name sometime in 2010.[/b]
http://scionnews.net/2009/03/24/toyota-rev...subaru-rwd-car/

Also visit
&

Check out the all new
!

post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 09:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to kovacs2121

http://www.budgetcarnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/scion-tc.jpg

so far, may just be more speculation but we'll see, supposedly the new car will be a RWD Scion tc with the subaru boxer engine (either the 2.5L 305hp or 2.0L 200hp) . also subaru will be offering the same car in AWD with the 2.5L 305hp boxer engine.

and will be released mid 2010 to early 2011, im excited to see what they come up with!!!
post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

get your facts straight.

it will NOT be a tC anymore.
it has been confirmed that it will be RWD
nothing else is really known. everything else is still a speculation.

My
- My

RIP George James aka Suprman 9/20/2011
post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 02:44 AM
Resident Swagologist

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Deep

My buddy said that his boss saw a couple pics of what is supposed to be the new tC. It's not the toyobaru He told me that it's a little bit "rounder" and "Bigger" looking. I'm not too sure on how legit those statements are, but it's speculation from a more credible source than most of those sites

post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 07:22 AM

Location: Phoenix, AZ, US, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth
Send a message via AIM to az tc Send a message via MSN to az tc Send a message via Yahoo to az tc

A lot of people want the toyobaru to be a scion, but I think that Toyota would benefit more with releasing a tC replacement (tD?) as well as the toyobaru. I know iGod knew some stuff, but he was tight lipped. I'm guessing the new tC will be out before the toyobaru.

post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 12:36 PM

Location: Phoenix, AZ, US, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth
Send a message via AIM to az tc Send a message via MSN to az tc Send a message via Yahoo to az tc

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/06/toyko-2...ck-the-hachiro/

A first look at a Toyobaru concept. Looks good from the outside, but the inside is....eh.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page