New tC here maybe better known - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
tC Freak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well the new tC here might be marketed in the rest of the world as the Toyota Celica. Which could be good or bad depending on your few point. Though I doubt it will be an AWD or RWD car. I have a friend who is still involved with TMS, and Toyota Marketing when they killed the MR-2 sypder and Celica they got alot of angry mail. The fact was that they just were not selling. fast foward a few years people still want the mr2 the tC took away the celicas market but the rest of the world doesnt have the tC. So my friend happened to make a comment about this subject the other night. and said basically do not be surprised if the rest of the world get the tC badged under the celica nameplate. This new car would be slightly larger and compete with the 2.5 altima coupe.

Gotta run lunch is over and the computer is down at the house but here is the photo...

-=Tom=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

I love it. Makes me think of a Ferrari! Just more compact.
Can we place orders today to reserve one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Scion Guru

Yep . The reason the TC was made was to replace the Celica .

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:07 PM

first off let me say i am aware that scion is owned by toyota. im not dumb. I have heard everyone saying that the tc replaced by the celica. But i dont get it, its made by scion, a different company (under the same owner). if toyota wanted to replace its sports coupe, why wouldnt toyota just make one?? If the SCION tc replaced the TOYOTA celica, what did all the other scions replace?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 SCM tC
35%/20% Tints - Hotchkiss Lowering Springs -Flat Black Stockies - Toyo Proxes - HKS Carbon Ti Muffler - Vibrant Ultra Quiet/Aero25 Resonators - 2.5" Custom Piping - 6000k HID - Nokya Yellow High Beam - Tinted Tail Lights, TBL, Eyelids - Tinted SCION Emblem - Debadged "tC" - Ebay VRD Grille - Flat Black/White Interior -

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:29 PM
*Insert Something Cool*

Front is awful. The rest is groovy.

NSTALLING RAPTURE.
███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
Install delayed....please wait.
Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error: Rapture not found.
EVENT "Rapture" cannot be located. The rapture you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

They say education is the key. Someone must have changed the locks, because everywhere I look I see a world controlled by idiots.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 09:34 PM

middle door,window,roofline looks like a 350z shape no?

2008 SCM tC
35%/20% Tints - Hotchkiss Lowering Springs -Flat Black Stockies - Toyo Proxes - HKS Carbon Ti Muffler - Vibrant Ultra Quiet/Aero25 Resonators - 2.5" Custom Piping - 6000k HID - Nokya Yellow High Beam - Tinted Tail Lights, TBL, Eyelids - Tinted SCION Emblem - Debadged "tC" - Ebay VRD Grille - Flat Black/White Interior -

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 01:12 PM

I've seen this picture before. It came from [if I'm remembering this correctly] some Japanese car magazine which means it's basically vaporware. Those magazines have been promising us a Supra come back for years now.

I'll believe it when I see it. However, rumors seem to be mounting about some entry level RWD coupe. I'm really hoping (but not betting on) this will climax at some autoshow with the end-all show stopping AE86 spiritual successor.

Also, the Celica and MR2 just weren't selling. They were part of the Genesis program or something, along with the Matrix which actually made it, that was a Toyota project to introduce younger buyers into the Toyota demographic. That purpose is now taken on by Scion so in that way, the tC replaced the Celica.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 01:30 PM

QUOTE (sciontC'06 @ Feb 25 2008, 06:07 PM)
Quote:
first off let me say i am aware that scion is owned by toyota. im not dumb. I have heard everyone saying that the tc replaced by the celica. But i dont get it, its made by scion, a different company (under the same owner). if toyota wanted to replace its sports coupe, why wouldnt toyota just make one?? If the SCION tc replaced the TOYOTA celica, what did all the other scions replace?[/b]
The Scion tC did not OFFICIALLY replace the Toyota Celica. The Celica was being discontinued and the tC introduced at the same time. Whether it was a coincidence, or careful planning, it worked out for Toyota. Celica sales had dropped, tC sales went beyond expectation, and Toyota got a lot of new customers.

Also visit
&

Check out the all new
!

post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Ironhead

Send a message via MSN to iGod Send a message via Yahoo to iGod

^^^ ding ding ding!!! What do we have for them, Johnny?

Eric is dead on. As is Pham.

The introduction of an entry level rwd car is pretty unlikely right now. I haven't been able to get a single source to confirm. In fact, every person I took the question to asked where I got it. When I told them, they told me to forget what that mag prints, it is all hype and speculation, nothing grounded in actual fact.

Patience, friends. Things are happening. Just not by the NY autoshow.

1962 Ford F100
2013 Subaru Imprezza Sport

Racing FWD is like banging your sister. It may be fun, but it's wrong.

STILL Eastie's Internet Boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken
Dude, I don't even know where that section is. I'm the worst mod ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuggin
you downsyndrome douche
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 02:25 PM

ohh i see i see

2008 SCM tC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page