New tC here maybe better known - Page 4 - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
tC Freak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

QUOTE ([email protected] @ Mar 24 2008, 11:38 AM)
Quote:
good link....I really think scion is lost with its idenitity, but I'll hafta post more when I get home later this afternoon.[/b]
RANT BELOW CAUTION! slightly off topic but after this lets get back on topic!

Ok so like I said SCION has lost its Identity. Back when scion was started, in late 01 and the news dropped in 02 saying Scion was coming for the hipster young crowd, for a breath of new air. For over 3 and a half years Toyota's marketing group for USDM they researched out what the YOUNG crowd wanted, SCION was going to show the parent company how to do things and have a huge impact on how cars were bought, something that GM kinda tried but not exactly. This new Scion brand was going to be proactive, compared to the Older mundane crowd toyota typically got.

Scion had a great thing going cars were very well priced and had a decent selection. even though 2 of the cars were built from the same unibody pan they got different groups of kids interested in them. Side note even old people liked the new styling. When I sold an xB back in the day I had a 90 something lady told me it was SO SO UGLY that you had to love it and the price meant you had to adore it.

So scion was going to teach the rest of the world how to operate in the 21 century. Hell they came up with all these new terms to introduce buyers to. They had a dream on one set price and a transparent way of doing things. but that went to the way side as soon as a commission matter to a sales person most dealership didn't pay much to sell a scion so in order for a sales person to make money they just lied about the ACV of a car holding gross it wasnt long before they were sold just like a normal car. I remember my GM making up new ACV's to show the costumer and it was wrong but you couldn't tell him that because he'd fire you.

Other manufacturers have tried in the past to bring introduction brands to people and after a few years of ok sales they were just absorbed back into the parent company like GEO and Chevy.

Besides Toyota the only other brand that has a offspring (which is also what scion means) that is doing well here in the states is BMW with MINI and those are priced as high as a BMW its just for people who want to be seen in something so "commonly different" and most people I know that have a mini only have it because they are so easy to park in populated downtown metro area. not so they can go race it or customize it. their idea of making a mini custom is put a graphic on the rough and install dealer only items. woopy-do!

Scion HAD so much going for it! Take popular fuel efficient cars from japan bring them here label them as not toyota's offer it in either auto or stick and a few colors and keep production simple. Scions werent very different than the Toyotas in japan besides the steering wheel on the wrong side and a installed radio, oh yea and different badging. I mean here they had a great line going cars that looked different from anything else on the road here in the states that got great gas mileage and now the new XD and Xb or so damn heavy they stuffed bigger engines in them and took the economy out of driving them. took the ugliest cars I have seen and made them uglier and I thought only GM could do that with the aztec stuff or VW with the 411 and or 412 series.

whats wrong with TOYOTA's (scion) marketing here in the USA? I think they already lost sight of what they were sent to do which was to attract the "GEN(eration)Y" customer to the car that would be frugal on gas and the pocketbook. Taking Giant 4 cylinder engines and placing them where smaller more fuel efficient engines went isnt a good IDEA at all, and the new concept vehicles look as friendly as a armor claded SUV thats just a gas guzzler. This is not what scion stood for but has become I mean how could they loss sight of something so quickly, scion is just a baby and started walking good and it looks like its gonna fall down into very deep well. When you talk to the people, which i know arent that smart at TOYOTA's dealerships or down at SET. they say Scion polled people and they wanted more power, more room but didn't the we already speak and say we wanted this? one sporty car and 2 fuel efficient cars? is it that we already spoke and we dont count anymore? or is it they dont think we will buy a second scion? it just seems like scion has become just a base model Toyota.

almost done folks
If they replace the tC with something else besides a 2 door coupe style car they are outta their freaking mind. not everyone wants a a CUV or SUV. Some ( I know its a narrow market) of use want sporty looking fun to drive good gas mileage cars which means if they go down this road that I will be stuck buying used cars from private individuals from the late 80's through the 90's and some of use might be able to afford to go out some of the other cool cheaper fun to drive good gas mileage sports cars ((which is none really)now that CAFE has passed)

I hear that TATA might wanna buy scion, they are buying all sorts of falling compaies maybe they can turn scion around.

anyways thats my .02 cents in the hakko or how ever you spell it design.

OK Im done and feel better

now back to the new tC vs celica debate

-=Tom=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
tC Freak

Back on topic

-=Tom=-
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
tC Freak

QUOTE (undeSiReD_eFx @ Mar 31 2008, 11:19 AM)
Quote:
where'd you find that?

that looks nice although it reminds me a little of the hyundai genesis coupe that is coming out in '09.[/b]
My friend station in Okinawa sent it to me

-=Tom=-

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
tC Freak

QUOTE (undeSiReD_eFx @ Mar 31 2008, 11:43 AM)
Quote:
is it going to be a corolla version? Just curious because that is an AE86 Corolla in the background am I right?[/b]
I was told it was gonna be called a celica in world market but the tC here. though you are right that is a corolla. shrug I dunno just hope its not the hako

-=Tom=-
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 02:26 PM
tC Freak

[/quote]

This is what the new Toyota/Subaru will kind of look like, Toyota/Subaru will use a 150hp 2.0 boxer four as the base engine, I don't know if Toyota might use the 2.5 V6 from the Lexus anymore, I think that the 2.5 V6 is more reliable and refined than the boxer engine, I do not know why Toyota is using a Subaru engine on their design, I don't like boxers, don't like the way it sounds, most of the times they are a bitch to work on, and finding your way around stuff takes time, leave that boxer work to Porsche, most of the owners of Porshes could afford scheduled maintance on them anyway, and its repair facilities pay a lot more. IDKWTF is Toyota thinking.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 08:33 PM
tC Freak

^ I think this post has to be move to the other cars. Thanks Moderators

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page