New tC here maybe better known - Page 2 - Scion tC Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Scion Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I will tell you the truth whether you want to hear it or not . The TC was released to replace the Celica . Period . Scion was born to bring in younger people due to many surveys . The #1 thing people associated with the word TOYOTA was old age . They needed something to get younger people . Scion was born . . The other Scions were not made to replace anything . They were made aimed at young people . The TC was to because they wanted a sporty car to replace the Celica as the Celica sales here were not all that hot . Will the Celica come back ? Maybe . The original plan was to produce the TC to fit young and young adults . The Celica basically hit the 18 - 24 demographic . The TC is aimed there as well as older . They cut there losses by dropping the Celica and adding the TC under the Scion brand . Very easy to understand . I do not know how the TC is doing compared to the Celica at this time . really do not care . I do know why it was made . Whether it comtinues by itself or the Celica might come back is anyone's guess . I cannot guess . The TC is sporty but not as much as the Celica . Personally , I hated the Celica . Liked the seats but nothing else . Celica also had some problems with the bottom front being wide open . Radiators were getting beaten to death .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Ironhead

Send a message via MSN to iGod Send a message via Yahoo to iGod

Quote:
Originally posted by ^^^that guy
I will tell you the truth whether you want to hear it or not .
Wow, thank you for bringing your expertise to this discussion.
We are certainly aware of why Scion was launched, although you are off on your demographic just a little. We marketed originally (our focus is shifting a little now) to the 18-29 year set, and, more specifically, at a mere 2.5% of that demographic.
The tC is NOT the official replacement for the Celica. The Celica was slated for the scrap pile before the concept of the tC had ever been drawn up. The Celica suffered the same fate as the Honda Prelude. It found itself priced out of the market. Honda made the smart decision to cut the Prelude years ahead of Toyota cutting the Celica, and the Celica continued to be a losing battle for Toyota. When the time was right, and the cost could be controlled, Honda launched the RSX as 2002 model, offering the Type S at a price lower than the GT-S Celica. And the Type S outperformed and out classed the Celica. That was the final nail.
The Scion tC is a North American Market vehicle ONLY. The Celica was shipped worldwide, and was continually available over seas until the last one rolled out of the factory in April of 06, almost two years after the tC was launched.
The same thing happened with the MR2 Spyder. It left the NA market after the 05 MY, but we have members who have 06 versions in New Zealand and Australia.
Plus, ask any Celica owner, especially a 7th gen GT-S owner, if the tC is a suitable replacement for that little rocket. The answer is going to be no. The GT-S outperforms the tC, out-handles the tC, stock for stock every day. Just don't ask them about the price difference if they bought the GT-S new.

1962 Ford F100
2013 Subaru Imprezza Sport

Racing FWD is like banging your sister. It may be fun, but it's wrong.

STILL Eastie's Internet Boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken
Dude, I don't even know where that section is. I'm the worst mod ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuggin
you downsyndrome douche
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Scion Guru

The TC in no way is as sporty as the Celica . I thought I said that . My apologies if I did not . Have fun with the discussion . No need to argue about it . I can assure you i do have expertise in this field . Really makes no difference though . I shared facts . Not opinions . Facts as presented inside Toyota . Again . Does it matter . I will leave this alone . Enjoy whatever you drive . The TC has many problems as being a sports car . The demographic is why . Something sporty BUT , a classy look without ALL the sportiness look . Did a good job in my opinion . I like it . I wonder if/when the Fuse will come into play . I was told awhile back that it might be in play in 2009 . Looks like that is scrapped for now .

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Isotope

One word: comma. Look it up on Wikipedia or something. Because clearly, you are unfamiliar with that particular form of punctuation. Or you're a robot. Some kind of grammatically challenged robot.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 10:36 PM

I read that whole paragraph and all I could think about the whole time was comma comma comma. Damn, I'm easily distracted ;D
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Pick your own - you deserve it.

He used one Doc, so I guess he knows.
But not too many, these things are expensive!

And there is no "space" before a "dot", looks strange...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to suprman133 Send a message via Yahoo to suprman133

QUOTE (Dr. Isotope @ Feb 26 2008, 07:22 PM)
Quote:
One word: comma. Look it up on Wikipedia or something. Because clearly, you are unfamiliar with that particular form of punctuation. Or you're a robot. Some kind of grammatically challenged robot. [/b]
Been a while since I had to bring this out for the ol' Doc's scoreboard

EDIT: Kill count 14

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate posts it could look like its mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your comment could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to onefunkyfreshdj

Well.... From what I understand..... there is no Celica coming out, there is no SCION xP coming out, there is no FOURTH SCION model slated to come out as of yet. Don't take everything you read in magazines as the Gospel. Did you ever stop to think that SCION is putting everything out there for you all to gab about to keep you away from what they're REALLY doing?

Justin - OneFunkyFreshDJ
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODIFICATIONS TO DATE: ALOT... and more to come!

Bubb Rubb & Lil Sis: Wooooot Wooooooooot! Iss jus fo decorations, thassit! Jus fo decorations!
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Ironhead

Send a message via MSN to iGod Send a message via Yahoo to iGod

^^^ No way. Toyota would NEVER do that...

1962 Ford F100
2013 Subaru Imprezza Sport

Racing FWD is like banging your sister. It may be fun, but it's wrong.

STILL Eastie's Internet Boyfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken
Dude, I don't even know where that section is. I'm the worst mod ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuggin
you downsyndrome douche
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 12:42 AM
tC Freak

about the fuse in an earlier post, i dont think it should come out, it will mainly be bought by the (rap/hiphop) community and ruin it like the charger/magnum and the 300. they will put REALLY ugly and large rims on them and put ALOT of chrome accents on them. and also prob. put buick style air dams on the top of the fenders.

which will ruin the look of the car just like it does for any other car they do this too

<span style="color:#008080"><span style="font-family:Times New Roman">--> "When *hondas* sleep, they dream of being Scions!"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page